Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 97 prelude base model bone stock a couple months ago. I was able to slap my buddy with an LS non-vtec integra in a straight line while I was stock. Since then, I've put on an injen cold air intake, which, didn't really make a difference other than the sound. However recently I added a muffler and now my friend with the integra is faster than me, even though he hasn't done anything to his car? Not only that, but my car actually just doesn't feel as fast as it used to. Could it be the exhaust that's causing this? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Not sure about cost these days. But you should be able to do everything on your own if you're up to it. Look into changing fluids, cleaning/new air filter, new plugs & wires. Make sure everything is adjusted within spec (ignition, valve lash, tire pressure etc). Check your vaccum system has no leaks etc...

These cars are OLD. TLC is in order these days.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Content deleted, because, some little snowflake out there can't handle some garage talk. That, and wing9903 says they are too long to read.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about cost these days. But you should be able to do everything on your own if you're up to it. Look into changing fluids, cleaning/new air filter, new plugs & wires. Make sure everything is adjusted within spec (ignition, valve lash, tire pressure etc). Check your vaccum system has no leaks etc...

These cars are OLD. TLC is in order these days.
Alright thanks a lot buddy

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have you tried nos? All the kids are doing it.
this made me lol.

I'd start with a good service as well. also, if you know anyone with an obd scanner that reads live data, you can get an idea of how well your engine is running.

a prelude should be a good 1.5-2 seconds faster than an ls teggy all day long.

·
I lub Denny one tiem
2,459 Posts
when you say you added a muffler you mean just the muffler or whole exhaust from the cat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when you say you added a muffler you mean just the muffler or whole exhaust from the cat?
I put on a muffler that came off another prelude and it also had the stock sized piping up to the res so I put all of that on. I don't think my engine is pushing enough air through it because it does feel a good bit slower.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this made me lol.

I'd start with a good service as well. also, if you know anyone with an obd scanner that reads live data, you can get an idea of how well your engine is running.

a prelude should be a good 1.5-2 seconds faster than an ls teggy all day long.
Yeah, could be a fuel leak I've got, I can smell fuel and I'm getting like 16mpg. Gonna have to see.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts