Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing something that i think you will all appreciate. its a secret shhh ill show you when im done but i need to get these needles off first what do i do?

·
Registered
326 Posts
idk bout the gas and temp. i havent messed wit hthose

but the tach and speedo just take 2 flatheads under 2 sides parallel of eachother and left them while twisting counterclockwise.

if u get the gas and temp off withotu breaking them let me kno how u did it

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha ya seriously eh...good thing i have an old cluster. well the secrets out cause i scrapped the idea. i was going to make see through glowing guages but they didnt turn out as well as i planned.

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
probably! you should have used a fork

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i didnt snap the needles. i scrapped it because after i got the needles off it was lame. you could see the needle motors. i guess i was just trying something new. but w/e

·
Registered
15 Posts
unfortunetly I had the same promlem once. On my 90 lude I tried to remove the needles bu lightly prying on either side with two screwdrivers. Unfortunately the shaft the needle sits on will break if you try this method. Your best bet is to either leave them alone or just buy the new guages now because you will f**k them up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
see if u can get the fuel and temp needles off withotu breaking them and if u can and they still work tell me how u did it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts