Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I cannot find a heated 4 wire O2 sensor from Denso or Ngk anywhere. Any suggestions? Seems like there are lots, except for the 3rd gen ludes. Help?

·
Premium Member
830 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You're not looking hard enough. They are everywhere. Denso part# 234-4095

Woah. Thanks dude. Any opinion on why my prelude doesn't have two sensors? I think they are normally on the manifold right? Mine is back behind the cat with none on the manifold. I just got this thing.
I have actually looked pretty hard. Clearly not with that number. But nothing SAYS it fits this car that I found. Advance auto had some for all but this year. Ebay shows various 1 wire. Every other auto part store i called didn't have one obtainable. And denso and ngk website didnt show one for this car. Which makes me wonder, are you sure its right? Will just any one work? The one in my car, yes, ONE was an NGK 303h.

Ooohhhh. Accord/Prelude.....duh. But really, this part is the same? I mean, not every part on both are the same. Clearly. LOL.

·
Premium Member
16,692 Posts
Woah. Thanks dude. Any opinion on why my prelude doesn't have two sensors? I think they are normally on the manifold right? Mine is back behind the cat with none on the manifold. I just got this thing.
I have actually looked pretty hard. Clearly not with that number. But nothing SAYS it fits this car that I found. Advance auto had some for all but this year. Ebay shows various 1 wire. Every other auto part store i called didn't have one obtainable. And denso and ngk website didnt show one for this car. Which makes me wonder, are you sure its right? Will just any one work? The one in my car, yes, ONE was an NGK 303h.

Ooohhhh. Accord/Prelude.....duh. But really, this part is the same? I mean, not every part on both are the same. Clearly. LOL.
That is because your 90-91 3rd gen was wired OBD1 which was almost the same as all other OBD1 Honda's. You can use almost any OBD1 4 wire O2 sensor on the OBD1 ludes.

The 88-89 were wired OBD0 and had single wire O2 located on the front of the upper header.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is because your 90-91 3rd gen was wired OBD1 which was almost the same as all other OBD1 Honda's. You can use almost any OBD1 4 wire O2 sensor on the OBD1 ludes.

The 88-89 were wired OBD0 and had single wire O2 located on the front of the upper header.
The really weird thing is that the 90-91 SI (B21A1) still uses the dual one-wire sensors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Mine is an 89 with a 4 wire though. It only has one. I ordered the above suggested. Installed it and it seems to work fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts