Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now im putting a new head gaskit and i just found a new guy to do all metal work and hes said he'll give me a good price on get my tb bored,mani bored,cams regrinded,and head ports bored how much power do u think i will actualy get out of all this.....should i do it hes going to charge 100 and the head is geting milled??????

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
does it need to be decked? if not.. its a waste.. measure it with a feeler guage and machine-ist straight edge...

Check the warp variations in a criss-cross and lengthwise pattern on the head and block... then compare it to spec limit.. if its out of limit, then yes, do it. if not.. its SUPER unneccessary - to mill the head.

if you have no idea what im talking about.... then... sucks for you.

------
what are your plans for the engine? what specs would you have the Cam ground to? any idea? do you know what the duration and lift do to teh engine, and how they work with and against eachother? its not just a matter of plugging in numbers.. and whallah, a perfect cam is made... you gotta know what your working towards, where you want power, where you need power, and how quickly its gotta get there... i'd hold off on the Cam grind.. unless you know WTF you need to have it ground to, just remember that each change in the lift and duration are going to effect the engine, and you need to know where its going to put your power. A cam grind can make or break your engine... literally, and power wise, in a big way.

----

bore the runners??? why not just polish them...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um hes doing the milling for free and i was just told it was good to mill it if u blow the head gasket......the cams i have the spec for the to make it mid to uper power.....and is where i feel the car needs it most........and i have all the numbers for it.....and as far where im going with the car im going all motor and am tryed to reach like 220 and id be hella happy

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Clean3rdGen said:
220.....no amount of milling will get you that....
Shit...fly is hoping for 180whp....but he's spent some major dough on speculation....h22 swap time!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
yea 220 isnt lookin to possible...but at 180 i am sure she would fly! i'd be happy with like 150 =] to the wheels of course

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
220 - almost impossible with out boost. Cant say it IS impossible.. because then i would just be lying..

everything is possible... just need the know how, and the $.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
antijockpunkrawk said:
um hes doing the milling for free and i was just told it was good to mill it if u blow the head gasket......the cams i have the spec for the to make it mid to uper power.....and is where i feel the car needs it most........and i have all the numbers for it.....and as far where im going with the car im going all motor and am tryed to reach like 220 and id be hella happy
really? since when? and how do you have the numbers? where did you get them? how were they calculated? were they compared to the stock cam specs? id really like to know this, cuz nobody on this site has ever posted stock specs or known-working regrind specs for an n/a motor.

i very very highly doubt you have any idea as for cam regrinds and specs and stock specs considering you think you can get 220hp n/a.
maybe after doing a LOT of research you might have a general idea as to this info from comparing it to other specs people have used, but you can't go by specs of cams from other motors. every motor is different and requires different specs for the cams to make power

1 - 11 of 11 Posts