Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into lowering my bb6 however don't want the wheels to have a ton of negative camber. Any suggestions on camber kits???

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
Looking into lowering my bb6 however don't want the wheels to have a ton of negative camber. Any suggestions on camber kits???
You won't get a ton of negative camber. AKA, you don't need camber kits. ;)

·
Administrator
6,900 Posts
Spc and some other companies make adjustable upper balljoints.

Do a bunch of research first. Surprised you found nothing via google.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A camber kit will destroy your inner fenders, ultimately leading to a bruised engine bay and possibly holes between the wheel well and the engine bay. Many have learned that mistake the hard way, including myself.

·
Administrator
6,900 Posts
It depends on how low you go.

There are right and wrong ways to go about it, thats why research needs to be done...

Ive had no issues.

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
A camber kit will destroy your inner fenders, ultimately leading to a bruised engine bay and possibly holes between the wheel well and the engine bay. Many have learned that mistake the hard way, including myself.
SPC balljoint camber kit won't.

OP, check them out. They use to have issues with them breaking over time but they put out a new part number and kit that resolved these issues. A couple members on these boards including myself are running them. I was sick of my camber being out as well since I am lowered. My inner fenders are fine, my engine bay wheel wells are fine. Tire size and how low you go will give the biggest chance at ripping out inner fender liners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I googled it and was looking at the eibachs or the spc's but after hearing what prudz_lude's experience with them I'm gonna go with them

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mine looks to have moog adjustable ball joints on it and they aren't hitting. How they hold up I am not sure. I have seen a report of a adjustable ball joint on these failing but not sure of the brand. It had a red boot and a different shape than mine.

Edit: Looks like these will touch the inner fender also. I didn't notice from under the fender but there is a light round spot on the passenger clearance bump. This is with a 23.75" ride height.

·
Registered
582 Posts
SPC balljoint camber kit won't.

OP, check them out. They use to have issues with them breaking over time but they put out a new part number and kit that resolved these issues. A couple members on these boards including myself are running them. I was sick of my camber being out as well since I am lowered. My inner fenders are fine, my engine bay wheel wells are fine. Tire size and how low you go will give the biggest chance at ripping out inner fender liners.
Do you know the difference in part number for previous and new desgin of the ball joints? Bought mine over a year ago and still haven't intall them yet - want to make I will not gonna have any problems. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
Do you know the difference in part number for previous and new desgin of the ball joints? Bought mine over a year ago and still haven't intall them yet - want to make I will not gonna have any problems. Thanks
I don't have a clue. When I ordered mine I just asked the shop I was dealing with. Someone on here posted them in a similar thread a year ago.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I too have spc, no real issues with them although they uave "selfclearanced" where the nut protrudes.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
My Ingalls kit did the same thing, smashed my strut towers pretty good. Ball joints went out after ~15k miles though. Just went back to stock control arms and even lowered 2" I only have -1* camber which is perfectly acceptable

1 - 14 of 14 Posts