Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

my build is going on, it taking more time than I expected but I think is needed for a well done procedure.

Got 4 Dezent rims 2 x 14 x 7.5j and 2 x 14 x 8.25j and the Yellow speed prosport coilover is coming in few days.

Talking with my mechanic at his workshop made us question about rear camber to let back wheel fit better.

Searching over the internet I found a lot of camber kit for 4th and 5th gen but, what about the 3rd gen?

Any suggestion?

Best regards

Leo

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
Hi guys,

my build is going on, it taking more time than I expected but I think is needed for a well done procedure.

Got 4 Dezent rims 2 x 14 x 7.5j and 2 x 14 x 8.25j and the Yellow speed prosport coilover is coming in few days.

Talking with my mechanic at his workshop made us question about rear camber to let back wheel fit better.

Searching over the internet I found a lot of camber kit for 4th and 5th gen but, what about the 3rd gen?

Any suggestion?

Best regards

Leo
If you are not putting any real power to this motor then the ingalls is the only thing you got available, but I believe they have discontinued.
Check ebay.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Wait, do you want more (negative) camber to tuck the wheels in further, or less, to pull them outward? You didn't mention the offset of your wheels.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
You can still find the Ingalls kit on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INGALLS-CAM...ash=item2329659a53:g:o18AAMXQhpdRnp64&vxp=mtr

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about using them, especially if you are really slammed. Some guys posted pics which showed the camber kit making contact with the shock tower and causing damage to it. When I was lowered I didn't use a camber kit. I made sure to get an alignment after I adjusted my ride height to where I wanted it. My tire wear was pretty good despite having quite a bit of negative camber. I was lowered about 2 inches lower than stock.

·
Premium Member
16,865 Posts
You can still find the Ingalls kit on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INGALLS-CAM...ash=item2329659a53:g:o18AAMXQhpdRnp64&vxp=mtr

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about using them, especially if you are really slammed. Some guys posted pics which showed the camber kit making contact with the shock tower and causing damage to it. When I was lowered I didn't use a camber kit. I made sure to get an alignment after I adjusted my ride height to where I wanted it. My tire wear was pretty good despite having quite a bit of negative camber. I was lowered about 2 inches lower than stock.
Yup Mike that kit is horrible for really lowered ludes, I was only testing out my ride height with the new Ksports when I hit a new pot hole on HWY 18 in 2007 and it punched a nice hole in the shock tower as Dave described.

And the pothole was not that big or deep.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Ok maybe horrible is a harsh word.
It is not good for what I needed it to do.

But in a pinch for anyone not needing performance out of it, it will do its job up to a point and up to a certain height.
I'm pretty sure what Jon meant was that it's horrible - period. Notice that he changed what you said from "that kit is horrible for really lowered ludes" to "that kit is horrible".

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I'm pretty sure what Jon meant was that it's horrible - period. Notice that he changed what you said from "that kit is horrible for really lowered ludes" to "that kit is horrible".
:emthup:
100%

·
Registered
10,750 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
okay. You know the 3g's have two places to adjust the rear camber, at the upper ball joint by sliding it in the UCA, and a second adjustment via an eccentric bolt in the LCA mounting point.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
okay. You know the 3g's have two places to adjust the rear camber, at the upper ball joint by sliding it in the UCA, and a second adjustment via an eccentric bolt in the LCA mounting point.
WAT. How have I never noticed that was an eccentric bolt? Next time I jack up my car I gotta see if I can get some more positive camber out of it. It's probably seized anyway.

slaider - go ahead and slam it, I wanna see pics! :grin:

Still curious what offset the wheels are. If +25 or higher, you may be able to get away with just natural camber - depending on tire width of course.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
yup eccentric. I bought all new suspension bolts a year or more ago in prep for suspension overhaul poly bush install all around. It is priority number one now. It has an eccentric washer too. I think the washer was discontinued then. Not sure on the bolt now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts