Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have adjustable cam gears on their 5th gen? and if so, what do you have them set at and the effect that they've had...thanks

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
really adjustable cams gears shouldnt be messed with unless you are getting you car tuned for them, and for them at the setting that is best for your motor.
every motor is different and the only way to really know is to get it tuned and your tuner will adjust them properly.

i wouldnt just slap them on and start messing with the settings...
that will cause some damage.

if you just want to put them on, put them on the stock setting or whatever.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i was chatting w/ craig (CM&P) earlier and we were discussing the timing and all...I was mainly looking for a good starting point, to keep the tuning to a min, so i can dump the money i'd save into midget hookers, and car parts....haha

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
are you getting him to install them?

put them at the stock setting.
and at least they will be installed already when you are finally ready to get your car tuned, and the tuner will adjust them properly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, he wants 200 bones to install them! Kinda pricey, but he has to do alot of work to install them. I had them on my accord too, and it took the shop a hot minute to install them, good thing i knew them!! Shout out to COLLETTI MOTORSPORTS in Dayton Ohio for that! So, 200 for that, or for just a couple bucks more, my vibrant exhaust...hmmmmm....haha

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
i would do an exhaust first.
the only thing those cam gears are going to do for you right now is look good.

i just ordered my vibrant flat black muffler today actually.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hell yea man...Where'd you order it from? I found them for like 120 shipped...and yea, i'm prolly gonna get my cat back first and use the cam gears as paper weights until then...haha

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
fuuckk ill get back to you on that..
got it for 99 shipped.
it was like DPS motorsports or something..
i dont remember, but i just ordered it this morning.
and when they send me the shipping email tomorrow ill let you know the exact name.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
yes i swear!
i didnt order it online i called there number..
and they told me 99 shipped and i was like fuck yea!
i never thought about it but i do have the number.. lol
its toll free...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Word! I guess i'll have to wait and see what you get! Hopefully it's not some knock-off piece of shit! So i guess you're my test subject! did they say how long it'd take to get it??

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
you can wait.
its a VIBRANT muffler i have no doubt its the real thing.
they had a pic of it on the website i just cant remember the website, but it was also more expensive on the website, but when i called he was like 99 shipped.

they said the end of this week like friday.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet baby jesus! I'm def down for that!! Shiiiiiiiiiit! My mouth is watering from anticipation! You're my new BFF! haha...that's kinda ghey...haha

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
i about died when he said 99 shipped. lol

and slow down there scooter... i think we are moving too fast.
LMAO.

·
IBALLHARD
1,461 Posts
well i know this thread is about your cam gears setting..
but since we got on the topic of the vibrant flat black muffler...
just got it in today. 99 bucks shipped.
http://importdpsonline.com/default.aspx

i called and it was that price...
online it says its more i believe..
i got it in ONE day. he overnight shipped it for 99 bucks shipped. im stoked.

dont know if they have anymore in stock but i would sure call and find out if you can get it for 99 bucks shipped. thats a hell of a deal.

3 inch inlet/outlet
now here are the big ass pics. not a knockoff. lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just peeped them on their website...Ahhhhhhh like nice boobies in my face!! haha! Too bad they don't make headers for our shiiiiiiit...Offer still stands for the gears!

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
leave them alone, you cant change the exhaust cam gear without getting a check engine light anyway so why bother? You have to convert to an obd1 distributor in order to really make use of adjustable gears.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts