Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh guys, im new here and really need help wit engine swapping. i wanna swap my old F22A engine into sumthing a lot faster wit higher power. i found out that
C30A 3.0 24V DOHC VTEC PGM-FI 2977 [email protected] [email protected] '02 NSX
is quite impressive.
is it possible to fit into my 92 prelude. i kno that F --> H swap is quite common. i don't want to fit in the turbo kits so i was hoping that this C30A engine would fit.
Please... any suggestion is really appreciated. thnx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so that means i can't fit the C30 into prelude?
okay...thnx...
but is dere anything at all i can do to make my prelude achieve over 250 horse power....preferably without turbo

·
Registered
489 Posts
it'd work, but there's no mounting kit for it. it'd be a custom mount job. and it might not fit under the hood... between time, money, performance, parts availability, weight, and handling, you're probably better off building a nice h22 instead.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Like most people will say, with determinatoin and enough money, anything is possible. C30 could fit, provided all measurements are taken into consideration and heavy research is done before jumping into the project. Make sure you know how to weld good or know a good welder and really really do top-notch on the wiring. You could put the motor in the rear of the prelude, that'd take quite a bit of work and time but can be done. Look at dave's rear-h22 teggy on honda-tech http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=981613&page=1

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
I have seen a Ford SHO V6 in a 4th gen before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've seen all motor H22's with more than 250 whp, I think all motor would be much more fun than nitrous. It would be more expensive than nitrous, but if you were going after the C30A NSX motor considering how much they cost used you should have a good budget for a very fun all motor h22. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
put a J series motor in there
i've seen 1 lude wit a Cl-s motor in there

·
Banned
1,001 Posts
This thread is funny...........
03 CLS setup would be KEY!!! But for the money.....I wouldn't imagine trying it.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The reason you don't see the NSX motors in anything else is due to the fact that they are huge. They won't even fit in the Accord V6's because the heads are so big.

Seriously, have you seen a good DOHC V6/V8? They are huge. My friends dad has a 03 Mustang Mach 1 with the DOHC 4.6. The thing bairly fits in the engine bay. He also has a big block mopar 383 sitting in a 69 super bee. Quess which one is bigger?

Now if you some how do a front engine, rear wheel drive layout , like the guy with the LS1 did. It might fit. But, that's a hell of alot of work and/or money.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just do a red top H22 (type s) swap, and your almost at your 250hp mark.
Not to mention its gonna be a hell of alot cheaper than swapping an NSX motor into your Prelude.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The reason you don't see the NSX motors in anything else is due to the fact that they are huge. They won't even fit in the Accord V6's because the heads are so big.
QFT,
big is an understatement! Anyone who has seen on ein person knows this.
From videos and pics all you can see is the plenum and maybe half of the front most head. Its nearly 3 times as big as it appears to be.

·
Registered
803 Posts
imagine the money needed to be put in to custom an nsx engine in a fwd car? the motor alone would be almost 10k, then custom fabwork being done would be another 5-10k then all custom parts another 2-5k. id rather buy an nsx.... your best shot is nitrous and a swap..depending on how much your willing to spend

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yes, you can do a K Series swap.
Hasport actually makes the mounts for the swap.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts