Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good website to buy new JDM replacement parts for the 2001 Euro-R engine? All the Honda replacement part websites I can find sell OEM parts, but no new JDM parts.

I'm doing an engine swap with a 2001 Euro-R engine going into my 1999 Prelude Type-SH and want to replace as many parts as possible while the engine is out. So I'm trying to buy a new JDM oil pump and JDM water pump.

I'll be staying completely OBD-1 and using the entire Euro-R engine.

Thank you for everyone's help in advance!

·
Administrator
7,030 Posts
Just to clarify something;

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer (in this case, Honda)
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market (cars/parts Japan region specific)
USDM - United States Domestic Market (cars/parts US region specific)

All parts from Honda would be considered OEM.

The water pump and oil pump are identical between the H22a4 found here in the states and H22a of the Euro R Accord motor.

How far into the motor do you plan on going?
Intake manifold gasket, head gasket, possibly timing belt - will differ for the Euro R H22a motor. You can look into the timing belt, as I cannot recall 100% on that one.

The head gasket is available here in the states just not through your typical Honda catalog. You will not find a Honda dealership in the US that will be able to look up and order parts for non US vehicles/motors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify something;

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer (in this case, Honda)
JDM = Japanese Domestic Market (cars/parts Japan region specific)
USDM - United States Domestic Market (cars/parts US region specific)

All parts from Honda would be considered OEM.

The water pump and oil pump are identical between the H22a4 found here in the states and H22a of the Euro R Accord motor.

How far into the motor do you plan on going?
Intake manifold gasket, head gasket, possibly timing belt - will differ for the Euro R H22a motor. You can look into the timing belt, as I cannot recall 100% on that one.

The head gasket is available here in the states just not through your typical Honda catalog. You will not find a Honda dealership in the US that will be able to look up and order parts for non US vehicles/motors.
Thank you for all your help, I appreciate your input and time! Everyday I am learning something new about our cars.

So I've gone ahead and purchased the new OEM Prelude Water Pump (part listed as 19200-P13-003 Water Pump; Yamada) from HondaPartsNow, but wanted to verify with you about the OEM oil pump before buying it.

This is the OEM oil pump listed on HondaPartsNow (part number 15100-P5M-A01, Pump Assembly, Oil) for the H22a4, but I thought the H22a (Euro-R) was slightly different? I remember reading that the H22a4 oil pump has different sensors; is this not correct?

I apologize for my lack of understanding, this is my first car project. Hopefully I am wrong and I can use this OEM oil pump since that would make my life way easier! Thanks again!
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Automotive tire Plant

·
Administrator
7,030 Posts
Thank you for all your help, I appreciate your input and time! Everyday I am learning something new about our cars.

So I've gone ahead and purchased the new OEM Prelude Water Pump (part listed as 19200-P13-003 Water Pump; Yamada) from HondaPartsNow, but wanted to verify with you about the OEM oil pump before buying it.

This is the OEM oil pump listed on HondaPartsNow (part number 15100-P5M-A01, Pump Assembly, Oil) for the H22a4, but I thought the H22a (Euro-R) was slightly different? I remember reading that the H22a4 oil pump has different sensors; is this not correct?

I apologize for my lack of understanding, this is my first car project. Hopefully I am wrong and I can use this OEM oil pump since that would make my life way easier! Thanks again!

The USDM oil pump uses a crank position sensor vs a reading off the distributor, so it has provisions there to bolt this sensor on. The pump does not come with the sensor so you don't need to worry about it unless you intend to use one. Otherwise they are the exact same pump. I've personally used the USDM pump on H23a vtec and H22a motor swaps without issue.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The USDM oil pump uses a crank position sensor vs a reading off the distributor, so it has provisions there to bolt this sensor on. The pump does not come with the sensor so you don't need to worry about it unless you intend to use one. Otherwise they are the exact same pump. I've personally used the USDM pump on H23a vtec and H22a motor swaps without issue.
Absolutely perfect, thank you for your help!

It looks like HondaPartsNow is out of the water pump (they just cancelled my order due to the part being discontinued). But hopefully HondaPartsOnline will have the water and oil pump in!

Thanks again for your help!

·
Administrator
7,030 Posts
The water pump is currently on backorder from Honda. Maybe 20 dealers nation wide currently have one on hand, but who's to say if it's on hold for a customer or not. All of the online retailers are dealerships so they will have the same issue - I can check if any dealers near you have it, what state? Oil pumps are currently available.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The water pump is currently on backorder from Honda. Maybe 20 dealers nation wide currently have one on hand, but who's to say if it's on hold for a customer or not. All of the online retailers are dealerships so they will have the same issue - I can check if any dealers near you have it, what state? Oil pumps are currently available.
Thanks for your help!

I was able to order both the oil pump and water pump from Honda Parts Online and they sent me a confirmation email saying the parts are available and being shipped. But if I have any issues I'll definitely let you know! I really appreciate your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts