Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1998 prelude. Straight, clean, 5 speed, low miles. Everything works. But its having an idle issue, if you dont constantly give it gas it dies. So stop light, put the clutch in. But when your driving its an amazing ride. Seeing what kind of fix it would be and if its worth it 3500 for the rig.

·
Registered
1999 Prelude. F20B/K20A hybrid rebuild
184 Posts
So it drives normally and has power? If so, it’s Possible that someone messed with or blocked off the IACV ( Idle Air Control Valve), sometimes people do that when they have a bouncing/fluctuating idle and do it as a cheap/band aid fix. That’s just one possibility. It’s also possible the throttle body and idle-screw has been messed with before and they never correctly set the idle. That’s just a couple possibilities, could be more causes aswell. Also, is the Check Engine Light on? If the car still has good feeling power and drives good and you like the car i would definitely go for it! Just haggle the price though lol for that price i would expect a car with Zero problems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it drives normally and has power? If so, it’s Possible that someone messed with or blocked off the IACV ( Idle Air Control Valve), sometimes people do that when they have a bouncing/fluctuating idle and do it as a cheap/band aid fix. That’s just one possibility. It’s also possible the throttle body and idle-screw has been messed with before and they never correctly set the idle. That’s just a couple possibilities, could be more causes aswell. Also, is the Check Engine Light on? If the car still has good feeling power and drives good and you like the car i would definitely go for it! Just haggle the price though lol for that price i would expect a car with Zero problems
It runs amazing going down the road, no engine lights. but when coming to a stop you can't let the rpms get too low or it will die, you can instantly start it back up no issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts