Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buying a 2008 Audi a4 2.0 Turbo tommorow, need help

Title says it all, do they have any common problems? Anything to lookout for? Any other things to know, thanks guys. :smile2:

·
Registered
433 Posts
they seem like comfortable cars, not fast at all but comfy. No aftermarket whatsoever in a reasonable price range, imo i would get a lexus is300.

·
Registered
610 Posts
From what I've heard, they're comfortable and fairly quick, but not really performance oriented. I think that for the money there are better cars out there. I don't know how much you're paying, but you could definitely pick up an M3 or an IS or a TL or several other cars. I'd reconsider, personally.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Why not get a TL, then? Still in the Honda family so very reliable and cost to own is less. I think you would be much happier with one of those.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
is300. if you want awd get a 06 sti. that is my dream car. 27 grand will buy you one and leave you a little money to mod it with if you shop around.

·
Registered
433 Posts
still if you want to get a nice luxury car with some zoom you cannot go wrong with the old or new lexus is. The new 250-350's have awd too. Lexus is the number one most reliable car this year.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lexus looks like a glorified Piece of shit camry, im going for a buisiness look, the TL just doesn't do that for me.

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
ive driven an 08 a4 2.0 and i hated how it drove and how the seats felt. car looked gorgeous just hated how it handled.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The previous body style of the TL is the way to go. You can get type s, base, 6 speed or auto, all of them are nice, and it will blow the doors off that Audi, better interior, all together its all better imo

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
id personally get a benz if you wanna go with german engineering. 27 will get you pretty far if youd like to go pre-owned. or id pick up a 5 series bmw.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all of your input, although some of you didn't understand that i didn't care about modding and performance. So i got a deal for an 09, quattro, leather, tiptronic, the extra airbag thing (don't really care but fuck it) 750$ pearl paintjob and im skipping on bluetooth because I could just buy a GPS with it already built in for 500 cheaper. all for 45 grand with taxes end everything, and extra warrenty. Considering im saving a couple grand im pretty happy with the purchase. Just gotta wait till it's shipped. Il be sure to post pics when it arrives. And as much as I wanted it, a company im working for on the side (owned by a very close friend) is paying for it so it doesnt bother me. Cheers guys!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Thanks for all of your input, although some of you didn't understand that i didn't care about modding and performance. So i got a deal for an 09, quattro, leather, tiptronic, the extra airbag thing (don't really care but fuck it) 750$ pearl paintjob and im skipping on bluetooth because I could just buy a GPS with it already built in for 500 cheaper. all for 45 grand with taxes end everything, and extra warrenty. Considering im saving a couple grand im pretty happy with the purchase. Just gotta wait till it's shipped. Il be sure to post pics when it arrives. And as much as I wanted it, a company im working for on the side (owned by a very close friend) is paying for it so it doesnt bother me. Cheers guys!
Im glad you will like it man, im not saying it wont be a good car. Im sure its awesome as well.

Throw some TSW wheels on that ho and pimp it around

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you want, il put on a pimp hat, throw some spinners while listening to pimp juice just for mr sportshift. And look at it this way, i got the tiptronic feel of a 5th gen, minus the breakdown rate.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
if you want, il put on a pimp hat, throw some spinners while listening to pimp juice just for mr sportshift. And look at it this way, i got the tiptronic feel of a 5th gen, minus the breakdown rate.
Sweet. Chicks will dig the spinners

I need to change my name because i have a 5 speed lude now. I think everyone thinks im still driving the auto

·
Registered
433 Posts
we do still think your driving auto. Tiptronic blows imo, just dont mess with it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.