Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was wondering...i'm buying, ot thinking about buying a 93 lude...it has had an engine swap to an H23....i drove it and it seems mechanically fine...but the check engine light is on and it needs new rotors. It comes e-tested but not safetied. He's asking $4800. Is that a good price?. The body had 169k and the engine had maybe 45k. Surface rust on rear umber on drivers side and a bit near rocker panels but nothing major. What do you guys think? Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
4000 at the most i might be selling my h22 lude for close to 5 grand and the interior is mint the body is damn near perfect and the motor and tranny have 75000 on them with a brand spankin new clutch and flywheel so i think 48 is kinda high for a h23 lude but i guess it depends on how common they are near you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah well ludes around here(ottawa) arent too common, there'smaybe 10 available half which are 5th gen all over 12 grand so im working on a smaller budget. The interior is in good shape, i mean a little cleaning wouldnt hurt but besides that it's fine. Just the check engine light is what bothers me. I thought abe there was a common problem with that, MAbe cause of the engine swap?

·
The Good Stuff
3,587 Posts
I don't think I'd pay more than $3,500 for it. You never really know what you're getting when you buy a swapped engine car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my 93 SI for 3000 (150xxx). I travel over 400 miles to get it but everything is in like new condition and I got 400 miles to the tank, so I would just travel a few miles to get a better deal...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i got him down to 4000 etested saftied...is that a good deal?...i found out the engine had 60kms on it...

·
Registered
513 Posts
soaddrummer said:
well i got him down to 4000 etested saftied...is that a good deal?...i found out the engine had 60kms on it...
i'd say thats a pretty good deal
ludes in canada alwasy sell for more then in the states
so if the body's in good condition,4000 is great
93's in alberta rarly drop below 6000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only problem is the rust in the rear corn panel has a hole, its bad,and the rust on rear drivers side bumper has surfaced...hopefully its fixable within reasonable $$$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts