Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all of ya'll,

First off I would like to give my appreciation to all of your who respond to all of these threads, while I am new to posting here, I have been researching these pages for months now. I am on my third 3g lude now, I found a 88 4ws for 800 bucks, from some dumb ass who was just trashing it. The engine seems pretty solid right now. compression is good, plugs seem good, ect. I will have some pics to show with in a day or so. Here are some problems I am having if you guys have any sugestions, they will all be much appreciated.

1. there is a swaped 91 front bumper currently on the car. I like the bumper but the guy did not wire the lights correctly. the suplementle driving light works, and the side marker blinker works but for the life of me I can not get the front blinker to respond. I have checked all fuses and re-wired it myself to no evail. I have printed out a wire diagram and the only thing I can see is that maybe the voltage of the light is incorrect. Any ideas??

2. bottom of radiator seems to be leaking only when the car is driven for some time. a new radiator is on the way. while I have not had coolant problems with my other ludes ( a 89 2.0s, which blew for power, and a 87 si which was sfun but bad body styling) I was wondering if there were any other common coolant problems that the si's had?

3.On the front passenger side, it will squeek nominal to bad if the wheel is turned or if the suspension is depressed. it sounds like a bushing but I am having a hard time pinpointing which one, because when you raise the car to look the squeek dissapears. the car does have lowering springs on it but I cannot figure which kind they are, they are only green with no manufacturer stamp. ideas? where could I get a bushing set? I have found bushings sepperatly but not as a set?

Like I said I will post pics with a day or two.
thank you for any help!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
the no signal might be a flasher. if its just the signals that dont work. if the park lights work then you know the bulbs are fine. try pushing the hazard button. do they flash

the squeeking might be a baljoint because sometimes the only make noise when they are under load. get a friend in the car and turn it on. then stick your head under the front of the car while he is turning the wheel and try to pin point the noise. go from there and post back up what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts