Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
again search is down. So I ask ya´ll fellow luders. My bumper has an crack on the right corner wich goes through the plastic and is about 3 inches long. I was thinking about glueing it with some strong glue or shuold I take it to the shop wich I can´t afford at the very moment or next months. I do have some pw 40 I think the name is somekind of fiberglass or some. I don´t know

it´s that crack there any tips??? Like I said do not have much $$$. All suggestions welcome as always

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Can't really see it in the pic but if it's not hurting anything other than your pride, just wait until you have the money to either fix or replace the bumper skin altogether.

·
12,918 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard. Take some window screening and cut a piece to fit in the back of the bumper where the crack is. You'll need a heat gun or something similar to melt the plastic. You just push the window screen into the melting plastic and let it harden. It should be super strong after.. if not then try putting some more in different shapes and areas. After that It needs to be solid enough where the crack won't be able to move around.

You'll need some type of plastic epoxy or bumper repair kit for plastic bumper to fill in the crack. Painting is a different issue which I'm sure you can find though :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I´ve to take the bumper off any way because it´s mounted wrong and the right headlight can´t raise it lf the whole way up. I´ll check out this window screening thing altough I don´t really know what it is. Living in Iceland and my E isn´t perfect but I´m working on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok we don´t use those here in Iceland. Not thyat many bugs and flies around here except for the summer!!! but keep on topic please. Talking to myself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.