Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its was 6 in the morning when my dad called me to say someone had broken my window. So i go outside and there it was. The strange thing was there was glass on top of my roof and hood? The majority of glass was in the car but i had never seen glass on top of a car before. So the good news is nothing was taken but now im stuck with no windiw and its supposed to get wet over here. Im sure i can find a window at pick a part tomorrow. Oh BTW it was the driver side.

Two questions, how hard is it to replace the window? im pretty savy on taking the door panel off so that wont be hard to do.

And the second question is ALL 88-91 windows are interchangeable am i correct? Cuz i have a 91 and there is moslty 88-89's at the junkers.

Well goodluck to me

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Its easy to remove the window, just take the door panel off then you can move the motor up and down to position it to find the nuts. JUst loosen them and it will slide out through the top of the door.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
When my window got smashed I found glass in my car, and engine bay for months, it sucks. Its fun to get it out of the airvents too. Good luck with replacing it.

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, im puzzled on the glass on the hood/trunk thing. Im gonna go and get a window tomorrow at pick a part. Hopefully it wont take to long and wont be too much.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Tough luck man. My dakota was broken into Saturday night. Someone broke the extended cab window, there was glass on the rood, the bed cover, and all throughout the interior. It was even in the a/c ducts/vents. You were lucky, I had over 3 grand worth of shit taken out of my truck. GL with the window.

·
Registered
20 Posts
get you windows tinted

there will be no broken glass bits in your car. hahahahahah jk it comes in handy if there break your backglass tinting is a good investment.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
most places (if not all) do not allow for tint on the front windows. I don't think tint would do shit all for keeping glass from going everywhere. there gonna get into your car one way or another, and probably get glass everywhere, regardless of tint or not.

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had my windows tinted but took it off due to its turning purple. THeres nithing to take right now in my car so ill see in the morning if anyone has attempted again. Next step is to get an alarm after i swap motors and trannys :)
My buddy just got his auto start and all that good stuff for $500 installed. I might be looking into that for my baby.

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't only because there is nothing in the trunk, even though a potential thief may not know that. Well its off to bed now and one more that check on my baby.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Bob, I say just get an alarm on that bad boy right now. least it'll warn off theives and warn you.

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im gonna see about getting one soon. I went to the junkers today and i saw a prelude with the window already out so i decided to find one with it still inside the door.
I came up on this 89 prelude with the wondow still inside but it had the window rolled up and it was power. So i had to tale out i believe 4 10mm and then the reglator fell and all it was is 2 10mm bolts. Pulled it out and $25 later i have my newer window installed. Works great. I lubed up the moving parts and its smooth as silk.
On another note i found an imaculate front motor mount in a prelude so i had to take it and for $11 i couldnt pass it up. So that has been my day.

·
Registered
153 Posts
boblasek said:
Im gonna see about getting one soon. I went to the junkers today and i saw a prelude with the window already out so i decided to find one with it still inside the door.
I came up on this 89 prelude with the wondow still inside but it had the window rolled up and it was power. So i had to tale out i believe 4 10mm and then the reglator fell and all it was is 2 10mm bolts. Pulled it out and $25 later i have my newer window installed. Works great. I lubed up the moving parts and its smooth as silk.
On another note i found an imaculate front motor mount in a prelude so i had to take it and for $11 i couldnt pass it up. So that has been my day.
dammit man. wish i would've caught you earlier. i got that window, and you could have had it for free. i know how much that sucks. my bro's scion xb just got the rear hatch window smashed. 435 bucks, w/out installation. and as for glass on the roof and the hood.......if they broke out your window with a screwdriver from the top lip.....broken glass sometimes bounces off of you onto the hood and roof. dont ask how i know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
when the glass breaks the tint help keep it in place so tinting the back windows at least will be a good investment becuase the backglass is the most expensive glass on the car.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
haha wut are you doing underwater lol j/p just get an alarm it helps alot, as for me i already funked up a guy trying to break into my car with a bat. it was fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts