Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) hey im new on here...jus got myself a Ba5 87 honda prelude 2.0 Si manual,an the speedo wasn working.so i found out the speedo cable is a 2piece an the other half that goes in2 the gearbox broke:jehon: .a small piece broke off an its still stuck inside the hole where it goes in2.so i need some suggestions on how to get that piece out.i really dont wanna take the whole gearbox out just for that:dontgetit: .

cool.....brandon:smilejap:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maybe you could drill a small hole in the plastic piece and use the bit to pull it out.

Hopefully the transducer assembly that mounts in the transmission is still OK. That's like a $200 part if you buy it new from Honda.

It's interesting that the speedometer cable is a two-piece design. On my 86 Si it's one continuous cable.

Bob

DOHC_ta_LUDA said:
:) hey im new on here...jus got myself a Ba5 87 honda prelude 2.0 Si manual,an the speedo wasn working.so i found out the speedo cable is a 2piece an the other half that goes in2 the gearbox broke:jehon: .a small piece broke off an its still stuck inside the hole where it goes in2.so i need some suggestions on how to get that piece out.i really dont wanna take the whole gearbox out just for that:dontgetit: .

cool.....brandon:smilejap:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried different ways of taking it out,i was thinking about drilling it an pulling it out but my dad keeps forgetting 2 leave it with me lol.
thanks for that bob,ill let you know if it works or not.
cheers....

·
Registered
593 Posts
Can you take the transudcer assembly off? Never even looked to see if you could... but if so, remove it and get piece out and put assembly back on.

·
Registered
483 Posts
you know, I have broke my speedo on 3 cars in a row now, my 2nd gen lude, my Jeep and now my Jetta lol I think for the last year and a half I have not had any speedo to look at :)

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
speedo cable

The transducer is the mechnical gear that the cable slots into if you have powersteering it will have two black tubes that go in and out to the PS rack this gives you the speed sensitive powere steering, their should be a 10mm bolt that holds a little plate in place that holds the transducer onto the gearbox, when this is off it's just a case of wringling it free maybe a bit stiff as it's probably never been off before, but it will pop out eventually and then maybe you can get it out with some tweezers or with drill or replace with another from scrapyard maybe TZAR might have one he's local to you well some country anyways!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh yea cool bro,i know what you talking about now....a mechanical apprentice learns 2many things in one day...shot bro i guess that way really has 2work..
cheers....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys thanks for the advice,but i found a new an easier way 2take it out....i took a nail an hammer an knocked the nail in2 the little piece of cable an it went threw it,an when i pulled the nail out so the piece came out with it....

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's great!

Have you had a chance to see if your speedometer works yet?

Bob

DOHC_ta_LUDA said:
hey guys thanks for the advice,but i found a new an easier way 2take it out....i took a nail an hammer an knocked the nail in2 the little piece of cable an it went threw it,an when i pulled the nail out so the piece came out with it....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nah you see,i went to a scrap yard to get 2 lower ball joints and the speedo cable.i sat ages trying to hit the joint out an when i finally got it out i went to the counter an paid for the thing.when i got home i was looking for the cable an remembered it was laying next to me on the ground at the scrap yard.so i forgot the dam thing lol....ill go back on saturday,hopefully it will still be there...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts