Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Got myself into some trouble on the timing belt. Replacement. Long story short rushing the job I tried free the special bolt with drill bits locking the cams tdc and I blew out the looking holes in the cam caps.🤕 Two metal chunks are Missing probably down the oil drain tubes?

do the drain holes go straight down to the pan?Think I can flush it out by draining and redraining oil and it will survive? Also can I still carry out the rest of the process without locking the cams tdc or will they move. This was a stupid move I know. I am rigging up a holder as showed here to hold the pulley while loosening the special bolt now.
Appreciate any ideas or insightful info. Looks like I am the frist person to do this🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
JDM 4th Gen Prelude 2.2 Vtec Turbo
38 Posts
The drain holes do go down to the pan. Though you've got the crank and windage tray in between.

You might tease the bits out the drain hole with oil, but there is no guarentee and you may have to remove the sump to be sure.

The gauze mesh on the oil pickup is really fine and it's unlikely you'll actually see any bits make their way back into the oil pump.

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
You better open that block up and clean it out good or else you will grenade it while your are driving one day after that oil pick up sucks in up and then starves the motor for oil, then Bam!!! No more motor.

And you are trying to keep it stock then you better find those pieces, there are no more replacement blocks for this chassis.

Now if you want to do a motor swap, then I am the guy to talk too about keeping your lude on the road with an H/F or B-Series swap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts