Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on 'Lude dudes,

My cousin owns a '92 Prelude that has amassed quite an impressive amount of miles on it; consequently, he periodically asks me to assist him with a variety of maintenance jobs. The latest endeavour that we embarked on was the fuel pump replacement.

Here's the guide that we referenced for the procedure:

1) Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2) Lift or reposition the carpet in the luggage area. Remove the left access cover in the floor.

3) Unplug the electrical connector at the pump unit.

4) Label and disconnect the fuel lines.

5) Carefully remove the retaining nuts securing the pump. The pump may require some manipulation to remove. Be patient and persistent and it will eventually come off. When all are removed, lift the pump up and out of the tank.

-Installation-

1) Install the pump, making certain it is correctly seated and not wedged or jammed. Install the retaining nuts, tightening them evenly and alternately to 4 ft. lbs. (6 Nm).

2) Connect the fuel lines. Make certain the clamps are secure; use new ones if necessary.

3) Engage the wiring to the fuel pump.

4) Install the access cover and seal or gasket, if used.

5) Reposition the carpeting in the luggage compartment.

6) Connect the negative battery cable.

7) Start the engine; it may crank longer than normal until fuel pressure is established.

*diagram courtesy of hondapartsnow.com; all rights reserved

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
I remember watching Ayrton Senna, especially his battles against Alain Prost. Incredible driver who may not even have reached his best by the time he died. That crash and his passing grief filled many people and caused a lot of changes in F1. Would loved to have seen Ayrton and Michael Scumacher race while both in their prime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Missing a major portion where you need to pull the back seats and the center console so you can remove the trunks crossmember to be able to pull the pump out. That takes anywhere from 30 mins to an hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts