Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Prelude SH and my front drivers side caliper is done for. Honda wants to charge me $220 for a "new" caliper and Im not down with that. This gives me the oportunity to upgrade also! My first question is what is a reasonable brake kit (rotor and caliper) that I could go with that wont break my bank? Also is it okay to just do the front and not the back as I cannot afford to do both. I dont want cross drilled rotors as I dont track the car.....some weekend autox will come as long as I can get my brakes fixed (they wont let me run like this). I wouldnt mind some vented and slotted rotors but thats as extreem I want to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah you can do the fronts and not the backs...
you can go to a junk yard and get calipers...there would be no reason to upgrade unless you have a lot of horse power

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Honda parts sells caliper rebuild kits for like $25 for both fronts...it's all the seals, piston O-rings, dust boots etc and that is the best thing to do (and way cheapest) I'm going to do mine soon just to be sure they dont' start seizing up at 55K miles. :)

- JL

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
JLude said:
Honda parts sells caliper rebuild kits for like $25 for both fronts...it's all the seals, piston O-rings, dust boots etc and that is the best thing to do (and way cheapest) I'm going to do mine soon just to be sure they dont' start seizing up at 55K miles. :)

- JL
See thats the thing....Honda told me there is no rebuild kit for the prelude and I was sure there was. Damn, these guys dont know crap, I hate my honda stealership. :eek:mg:

I will call another honda deslership and see what they say. Thanks for the input, Ill keep you updated to what honda tells me.

Edit: Yeah, I just called another dealership and they said that they have a kit that has all the parts that you listed above. They want $49.85 for the kit and $120.95 for a new rotor. I dont know why some Honda dealerships are so dumb! This is Canadian dollars too.

·
the 'lude makes me poor.
2,421 Posts
hey, i always run ceramic pads and i love them, but the brake dust is horibal, i hose off my rims like every other day, is there any brands you've TRIED, that still have the bite without as much dust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts