Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for good brake suggestions for the 89 Lude Si. Been considering powerstop z23 ceramic, but not sold yet. Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
311 Posts
For customer vehicles we use exclusively Honda original equipment manufacturers, which means mostly Nissin and Akebono, with a few SKUs of Brembo. For most of my own vehicles, I have been really impressed with some of the cheaper house-brand pads from one of our main wholesalers, WorldPac. You should be able to order any of these through an Advance Auto Parts store, as they are the parent company for WorldPac, and regularly get deliveries from WorldPac's warehouses.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the Akebono ceramic pads. Good braking performance and almost zero dust.
Oreillys kinda got me. I bought their BrakeBest.....I got ceramics for the front and organics for the back. I went to have my original rotors turned and only one was within spec. Weird, but Ive taken apart and cleaned and reassembled all my calipers. The ceramic fronts at least were made in the USA(BOX PRINTED THERE TOO.😂) My rears were made in china🤔 i suppose i can trust the chinese with some simple organic pads.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts