Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im new to the forums and i tried to do a search on this but i couldnt find anything, was wondering if anyone could help me out =]. I have a 88 prelude si today the car wouldnt start, i believe the car is starving of oil, has a leak that im trying to fix, anyways today when i got home from work the brake lights were on, I made sure everythign was normal with the car and it was so i pulled the fuse and it they were still on, so i pulled the battery, when i put the battery back in they didnt come back on but when i turned the ignition they came on and stayed on. anyone know what might be causing this?

·
Herp Derp Lerp
1,568 Posts
Try looking at the switch underneath the pedal and see if it is stuck. Thats all i can think of. Oh and welcome to the site

·
12,918 Posts
If you pulled the fuse and they were still on it's because you pulled the wrong fuse.
You need to pull the STOP/HORN fuse in the engine bay fuse box.
Check the little switch like bob said at the brake pedal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
boblasek said:
Try looking at the switch underneath the pedal and see if it is stuck. Thats all i can think of. Oh and welcome to the site
What he said. Also, if the switch is fine, meaning that if you push on it and they cut off(brake lights). Try looking at the pedal itself, mine did the same thing and it turned out to be a little rubber piece that is inserted in a little whole on the pedal that depresses the switch. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok got it thanks guy for that, stupid plastic button that goes on the pedal broke, now i have to think of some way to rig it to work right again! thanks again.

·
Registered
750 Posts
you dont, you buy a new one, think about it. its your brake light switch. it lets ppl know your stopping. and thats a good thing before we have another lude thats been written off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not the switch thats broken, its a little plastic piece thats connected to the pedal, im not quite sure if they sell that at the local parts store, but i will definately check. right now the switch is going through a hole in the pedal where the plastic piece would go, if i cant find it at the parts store i will get the methods to adjusting it to just hit the metal frame of the pedal instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts