·
Registered
1,148 Posts
What a deal.
is it b20 or b21?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
there had to be something wrong with it, at least something minor..
what was it?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
headgasket guys

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
sweet buy dude I wish that was all that was wrong with mine lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice! Although for most average people a head gasket is probably 'blown' in their minds. I'm not sure I would know if it was just a head gasket if mine went out on me, as I've never had that happen to me on a car thus far. But, if it was my 3rd gen and the engine went to crap, I'd be opening it up and learning how to work on it in a hurry. Rust must kill my car, not some silly engine problem. I suppose if it get hit hard enough, that would be a reason to let it die too, but it's gotten its love bump from the wife driving it, so hopefully that's it in that department.

Congrats on the find! Now I gotta start looking for more 'dead' ludes on craigslist. Maybe I can find one that just needs a head gasket.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
b20a5 si and yep 4ws. the engine was actually just replaced 10k miles ago. he gave me the papers from where he got it done.
he thought he cracked two pistons, but the head gasket was just blown in between the two of them... lol who woulda thought. dude put alot of money into the car, he was just tired of messin with it. brand new seats. just dirty. its even got a clean title :) it was one of my uncles friends.

and yeah its already running, with a few minor problems. gotta redo the timing and adjust the rocker arms. and the front right strut is bad. but other than that, the car runs like a dream.
just gotta get a job so i can put some money into it >.>

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as soon as i got it running my buddy offered me 1500 bucks. but i wouldnt sell it unless i got some ridiculous offer. and then id just go buy another one :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
dammm..nice buy dude...even if the engine was blown that wouldve still been a deal...lol...but lucky for you it wasnt...
dammm I paid $2200 for my 90' Si...then 2 months later blew the engine on it...lol...
my lude was mint inside and out....new tires and the stock rims where in very good condition..
I put a JDM B20A after that..its running very good....been problem free ever since..lol..

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Nice deal. Lucky to have found a diamond in the rough. Keep the pics comming.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts