Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i completely underestimated the difference a resonator makes in exhaust tone. i have an obx stainless muffler which sounded okay at best. after installing the resonator the exhaust sounds 1,000,000 times better... no exaggeration whatsoever. lower pitch at idle, quiet cruising, deep throaty tone under acceleration. if you are bored of your tinny sounding exhaust, get a resonator.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I got mine from a guy who cut it off his catback for a focus zx-3425 whatever for $5. Seriously. But knowing what I know now I would pay the $125 or so that summit wanted because it's extremely worth it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I put it about 12" back from my cat. Sorry bout the double post but it won't let me edit my last post for some reason?

·
Registered
40 Posts
ill try to get a video tonight im not sure how it will come out tho on an iphone...
How did you install it, just askin..? did you weld it in or clamps,,, Im looking to get something on my 3gen. rusted a hole all the way through it so I need to upgrade pronto

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience of importance of resonator in obx stainless muffler as it will be helpful for me in future as I was ignorant of it. It will helpful to many of the people who are not known to this. If the tone is lower will not attractive and leads to destruction of interest.
Carver(Truck Accident mechanic)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts