Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here i am, stuck on what to do.

i dont have the most modded lude but i know a cheap and effective mod is having your throttle body bored.
Ive done my research and found that for a 240hp motor a 60mm bore is the limit to volumetric efficiancy, anything bigger can either flow too slow or have a turbulant flow. does that sound right?

now ive also done reasearch and found a great guy called maxbore in the USA who bores out the stock TB(im in aus and will send my tb to him) but he bores it out to 64mm(intake side) tapered from 6deg to 3 deg with a new larger butterfly and 63mm (IM side).

Im worried am i gonna possibly have a loss in power/torque?

i have a vafc2 and will have a small tune done (obviously limited to the amount of tuning i can do with the dodgy piggyback setup)
heres some pics of a mates 4th gen TB

help me out fellas, would i be right with the 64mm bore (which is HUGE!)

btw i make 120KW ATW

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
I'd ask motoxxxman about this sort of thing. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to how air works and stuff. He taught me much about intake manifolds and airflow and all that stuff. Just PM his ass. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

--J

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok ive been doing research and im gonna do it right the first time.
IM and TB matched, im thinking of going blacktrax, how does this sound?
ive shot them an email and will hopefulyl be getting a responce soon.
they will hopefully do a good combination for my current setup, which in future do plan on doing internals so im thinking stage 3, but ill let them get back to me first. heres there h22 product page http://www.blacktrax.net/BTP_H22_Man.html

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Too large of a throttle body will cost you a little (very little) bit of low end power, and make for a very touchy on/off throttle pedal.

Way too large will cost you power all the way across the board.

If the intake isn't bored out to match you get the twichier throttle pedal, but no more power.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, heres a big question which i noticed here NO ONE likes skunk 2 IM and TB?
why is it so bad? im looking for mid to top end power and i know that will usually result in a loss down low.
why is skunk 2 so bad with IM and TB?

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Costs too much imo, $300 for a throttle body? Screw that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
what does blacktrax bore your tb to? i emailed them also for stage 4 bc im not going na but i saw this thread and was interested in seeing what was said about the subject

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.