Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a leak in the boot (trunk) or my car.
While the weather seal isn't great it doesn't seem to be the cause and the rear window was recently removed for some bodywork so I doubt it's that.

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle door Bumper

Coil Electrical wiring Cable Gas Auto part

This mainly happens when the car is facing downhill. I'm pretty damn sick of it and mechanics have been little to no help.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,159 Posts
Sunroof drains, or they didn't get the back window sealed properly at the body shop. Did you notice any leaks prior to the rear window being reinstalled?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sunroof drains, or they didn't get the back window sealed properly at the body shop. Did you notice any leaks prior to the rear window being reinstalled?
The leak was there prior to the window being reinstalled and the sunroof drains are fine.

·
Premium Member
17,079 Posts
Blow out all your sun roof drains first and test to see if there is any leaks after that.
Also you can see one of those drains in the pictures you provided.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked the sunroof drains again and they are fine. It only happens when water gets to this area:
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wood Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
156 Posts
It looks like the rust holes are hidden under the window trim, but if that's the case I'm surprised there aren't bubbles in the paint surrounding the trim. I'd remove the trim and inspect what's underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts