Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a reliable place to order a body kit for the prelude. I've looked at andysautosport.com and drivenbystyle.com but im just really not sure where to order from. Im new to the whole car scene and really don't wanna get ripped off with damaged parts or shipping issues any advice would really help!

Its a 1990 sr if that helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im looking for a reliable place to order a body kit for the prelude. I've looked at andysautosport.com and drivenbystyle.com but im just really not sure where to order from. Im new to the whole car scene and really don't wanna get ripped off with damaged parts or shipping issues any advice would really help!

Its a 1990 sr if that helps

Not sure if this business is still running because the copyright says 2014 and non 2021.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
680 Posts
Ebay. There are a few manufacturers of body kits for these old ludes, but none of them are really actually good at it. I don't really like any of the bodykit designs because I feel like they make the car look like a fop. Flamboyantly clueless. I suppose that's a matter of individual taste, but I find them over the top. I don't want my lude to look like a futuristic jet fighter. LOL Let's just define that as "attracts attention that you don't necessarily want and lumps you in with a subculture that you're not necessarily part of or even want to be." The Mugen kit that we can't get anymore looked great, and it's too bad they're not available anymore. Some of the custom things people on this site have put together out of parts from other cars also look great, but that's something you'd have to work on piecing together yourself based on what you might find at a salvage yard or something, custom fitting everything since it doesn't come in a kit. However, every one of the manufacturers products I checked out also has fitment issues that you'll have to work through, according to the reviews. So....it's your ride, do what you want with it - body kits can be found, and Ebay is an easy place to find them. There are no doubt other places too....but I wouldn't waste too much time with it. Aftermarket support for 3gs was bad from the start, and all the manufacturers still making body kits for them cheaped out on them. Look around though, you might find something. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts