Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its so hard to find a "some what" good looking kit for our cars. this is the ONLY one that looks appealing in my eyes. only problem and question I have is this..
I have an 88 prelude. and from the image i have posted. I dont no how the front turn signals will be seen..will I have to do some mods to make the corner lenses be seen? as well as for the fog lights. will I need to make any mods for those to be seen?

·
Administrator
17,736 Posts
Why???

You will have to use signals from a different car. Smaller ones that will fit the holes in that (ugly) front bumper, same goes for foglights.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
561 Posts
Theres a couple that look not bad on our cars, but that is not one of them. Kaminari, Mugen, and Xenon are probably the best looking ones we have.

·
Registered
732 Posts
ive seen that kit on a lude in person and it is horrible. its to round to be on the front of a lude and completely throws off the body lines on our boxy ludes. kaminari or xenon or bust in my opinion.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
Online Performance kit.
Some shitty angles of the front bumper on my old lude.

when i originally got it.

besides the xenon kit thats the only kit i liked.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
you will more than likely have to modify it to make it work with the lights. if you haven't already you might wanna try to contact the company that makes the kit.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
i don't see the point in getting a "bodykit" if all you want is something like xenon look. just get lips then.

and quite frankly "to each their own"

some people don't like my kit. I personally hate the side skirts and consider changing them but there's nothing else that will match the rest of the kit.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Does that kit have the exhaust cut out on the wrong side? Maybe i'm seeing things..

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have that kit and yes you have to make the front turn lights work and fogs I like the kit (yea yea looks like shit whatever i like it) when i got the car it was on it and the person that put it on dident know what they were doing They put lences in the front cirle holes and zip tied the lights there I never knew it was there untell i took off my bumper If it was me i would get something diffent due to the fact the danm thing is to low to the ground for dd A coulple years ago i riped the back bumper off trying to get to my rodeo (my own falt i like the car so much i dident want to put it up for winter)

·
Premium Member
16,788 Posts
How about this:

Xenon (88-89)

Mugen kit

Kaminari(88-89)

Onlineperformance kit(Australian manufacturer)

·
blubyu
390 Posts
Sean, I thought the online performence kit wasn't avalible anymore? I know the mugen kit is still avalible. Also anymore word on the kaminari lip feeler?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
i woulda LOVED to get the OP kit for mine but it's like twice as much as any other kit. I dunno if it's still available also like the other person said.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
i woulda LOVED to get the OP kit for mine but it's like twice as much as any other kit. I dunno if it's still available also like the other person said.

I still have the front bumper and side skirts to the Online Performance kit.

the one side skirt is perfect. the other has been fiberglassed back togeather and still needs a bit of refinishing work to get it to what it was.

The front needs a little bit of work aswell, would be fine if i had just taken it off 1 hour prior to a snow storm we had back in the day when i spun off the road with it on.

I've been holding onto the kit for the last 6 years.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The OP is going to need some 19s on that thing. The wheel gap is huge and you can barley lower it with front having low clearance initially.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts