Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
blue89si's 1991 4WS2.0i-16 - update 1-25-06 - new brakes 56k beware

well i have seen a few people do this and i like the idea because i can keep track of every thing that i am doing to my car in one post.

today (Dec 10 2005) i bought a 1992 4WS2.0i-16 "Classic Edition". it has a B20A9, power door locks, power windows, power moon roof and power mirrors and ALB. it has a gray leather interior and a black exterior. oddly for all the features, it does not have cruise controll or A/C. i Am fine without the air because i am stationed in germany and it isn't unbearable in the summer. The odometer reads almost exactly 154,000 km which is about 95,691 miles. outside it is prety clean with only a few little dents which look like hail damage on the roof and trunk, a rust spot where the front left fender is dented and a little rust spot on the hood by the right headlight. there are a few scratches on the drivers door and the rear right bumper but over all it is not to bad. the engine has a little hesitation but i think it may be just the plugs and wires. if that dosent fix the problem, i am going to check the distributor. if any one has any input on that please let me know. well i am sure that i have forgot something but i have only had the car for about 5 hours so there will be plenty to follow.

here are some pictures that i took tonight when i got back before it got dark. i will post more when i get it cleaned up and in better light. please let me know what you think.

thats right a real live clock door :mrgreen:

look guys a time machine ;)

ouch. this is the ugliest thing on the car. i really think i need a new one. what do you think?

i guess ill close with that. i have a few more but ill post better ones later. thanks for looking

·
Registered
608 Posts
wow man def nice find ur engine bay is freakin clean

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol you should have seen my face when i opened the hood. i think my jaw hit the bumper.... and you know how low they are.

·
Registered
780 Posts
how much was it.. ?? car looks good..in engine bay..

no cruse control? it should be okay.
No A/C? no way...

It is kind of interesting to see no alloy wheel for "classic edition"...:Rock:

moonroof area... def needs some work..

·
Registered
222 Posts
looks like a good start!that valve covers gotta be new.love the leather!

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
nice! i wish my car had leather. youre lucky you even have power door locks, luckily im 6' tall and can reach my long ass arms across the car and lock the passenger door without too much trouble.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nicewhitelude said:
how much was it.. ?? car looks good..in engine bay..
1350.00 euro

blk89 said:
I cant believe how clean it is. Where did you buy the car from?
i found the car on www.mobile.de there are tons of cars all around germany on there. there is a link on the bottom of the page to convert to english. i bought the car from a honda dealer called Autohaus M. Fugel. they are located in Chemnitz which is near Dresden.

Lanza02 said:
our Lude is very nice. The leather´s seats are lovely.
the leather is prety good but there is a little rip at the left hand side of the sholder of the drivers seat and the oposite on the passanger seat. this car was owned by a smoker so it kinda stinks and the leather is prety dirty but nothing that cant be fixed/cleaned

is it posible to take the leather off to stich repairs (from the inside so that you cant see the repair? im sure i can fix it if i can get the leather off and back on but im afraid that i wont be able to get it back on agian corectly

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
blue89si said:
1350.00 euro

i found the car on www.mobile.de there are tons of cars all around germany on there. there is a link on the bottom of the page to convert to english. i bought the car from a honda dealer called Autohaus M. Fugel. they are located in Chemnitz which is near Dresden.

the leather is prety good but there is a little rip at the left hand side of the sholder of the drivers seat and the oposite on the passanger seat. this car was owned by a smoker so it kinda stinks and the leather is prety dirty but nothing that cant be fixed/cleaned

is it posible to take the leather off to stich repairs (from the inside so that you cant see the repair? im sure i can fix it if i can get the leather off and back on but im afraid that i wont be able to get it back on agian corectly
if you take it to a fabric/stitching shop, they can remove it, fix or even replace all the leather on the seats and put it back on for you, but it will cost you.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i might check that out before the rips get to big. they are right on the seams so i dont think it would be to hard to fix.

·
Premium Member
2,207 Posts
That looks pretty good. But the real question is, are you gonna be able to bring it back over when you leave Germany?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im not sure. i have almost 2 years to figure out what needs to be done to bring it back. the army will ship it for free but im not sure how they work it if the vehicle is not originaly a US spec. there cant be that much that is different from a euro spec to a US spec but im not sure.

·
Registered
573 Posts
blue89si said:
1350.00 euro
No way !!!! It is joke, isn't it. So expensive. You paid too much. For this money should be almost perfect with no dents, no rips on leaather.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
blue89si said:
im not sure. i have almost 2 years to figure out what needs to be done to bring it back. the army will ship it for free but im not sure how they work it if the vehicle is not originaly a US spec. there cant be that much that is different from a euro spec to a US spec but im not sure.
It's emissions mostly. If you can drive the car legally in Germany, you can drive it in the US no problem since german vehicle codes are strict as hell. Will you be going back to Vermont when you come back? Either way, US vehicles have more emissions devices than JDM or EDM.

Nice lude though! :emthup:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that converts to 1600 UDS. i dont think its to much. the car only has 154 thousand km on it and it is in prety good shape. the leather dosent have any actual tears, just a seam that is starting to separate. i paid 1200 for my 89 and that had 233k miles on it (although the interior is in better shape). wait till i clean it up to pass judgement on it. most of the stuff that is wrong is a prety easy fix and shouldnt cost to much. ill post much better pictures when it is light out and i have cleaned it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
butterthegreat said:
It's emissions mostly. If you can drive the car legally in Germany, you can drive it in the US no problem since german vehicle codes are strict as hell. Will you be going back to Vermont when you come back? Either way, US vehicles have more emissions devices than JDM or EDM.

Nice lude though! :emthup:
well im in the army till 2010 so i prob wont be going right back to VT but when i get out i want to. we dont test emissions there when you get your yearly inspection (at least i never have had it done on my '89) so i really hope i will be able to bring it back. im not sure about the seat belts. mine are not on the doors like the US ludes so there might be a problem there. other than that i cant see many hang ups. like i said before, ive got 2 years and thats if i dont extend.

·
Registered
573 Posts
blue89si said:
that converts to 1600 UDS. i dont think its to much. the car only has 154 thousand km on it and it is in prety good shape. the leather dosent have any actual tears, just a seam that is starting to separate. i paid 1200 for my 89 and that had 233k miles on it (although the interior is in better shape). wait till i clean it up to pass judgement on it. most of the stuff that is wrong is a prety easy fix and shouldnt cost to much. ill post much better pictures when it is light out and i have cleaned it.

So let me show you.
My friend bought this car few mounths ago in Germany for 700 Euro
Classic Edition
150k km

1 - 20 of 79 Posts