Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright which bolt do you turn to bleed the clutch? theres a few under there and i dont wanna touch anything i shouldnt.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's on the slave cylinder. Looks identical to a brake bleeder.

·
Registered
786 Posts
mounted right in front of of where the engine meets the tranny.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
omg do not touch your car until you find out more info!!!!!!!

slave cylinder:

·
3,589 Posts
now you need 2 people to bleed the clutch BUT you can do it by yourself which is 100x harder.

first: unscrew the 8mm bolt (just break it open. you dont have to take it all the way out. just one good turn will work fine.)

second: push the clutch pedal down and hold it there. (it may stay anyways but sometimes it wont until further into the bleeding process.) if you let the clutch pedal pop back up then it will suck air into the system which is not good. but if you do then repeat this process until all the air is out.

third: tighten the 8mm bolt.

fourth: pull the clutch pedal back up

fifth: pump the clutch pedal a few times

sixth: repeat the process until satisfied.

hope this was helpful. rep wouldnt be minded ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now you need 2 people to bleed the clutch BUT you can do it by yourself which is 100x harder.

first: unscrew the 8mm bolt (just break it open. you dont have to take it all the way out. just one good turn will work fine.)

second: push the clutch pedal down and hold it there. (it may stay anyways but sometimes it wont until further into the bleeding process.) if you let the clutch pedal pop back up then it will suck air into the system which is not good. but if you do then repeat this process until all the air is out.

third: tighten the 8mm bolt.

fourth: pull the clutch pedal back up

fifth: pump the clutch pedal a few times

sixth: repeat the process until satisfied.

hope this was helpful. rep wouldnt be minded ;)
thank you very much, ill def. get on this now i know how to do it hhaha

·
3,589 Posts
i do that except take the slave cyl off and hold it up it helps air get up to bleeder and takes less time
yea i never thought of that. good thinking ;)

but im just too lazy to take the bolts out lol

·
Registered
488 Posts
there is no rubber nipple its just a screw off kinda of thing. a tiny socket would make it easier.

and dont let the clutch fluid resevoir get empty, you might fudger up your master cylinder.

·
3,589 Posts
there is no rubber nipple its just a screw off kinda of thing. a tiny socket would make it easier.

and dont let the clutch fluid resevoir get empty, you might fudger up your master cylinder.
8mm wrench

·
3,589 Posts
i think it might be stripped cause it wont even budge
am i better off getting a new slave and bleeding it?
if you wanna pay that money man. just get an 8mm deep well socket, put it on your ratchet, find a cheater pipe and go to work on it. remember righty tighty left loosy lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts