Honda Prelude Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
my Rywire harness didnt come with an oil pressure switch, hence the oil light. The CEL is probably due to a number of things (IAB, O2 sensor maybe other things)
the oil pressure switch(green plug) has nothing to do with the oil light, the oil light on the gauges gets it signal from the the oil pressure sensor below the oil filter, if you are getting an oil light you either have issues with oil pressure, oil sensor, or the rywire was made incorrect

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
the oil pressure switch(green plug) has nothing to do with the oil light, the oil light on the gauges gets it signal from the the oil pressure sensor below the oil filter, if you are getting an oil light you either have issues with oil pressure, oil sensor, or the rywire was made incorrect
yea i dont have that pressure sensor below the filter on the back of the block. Rywire gave me a shit harness for sure-its missing 3 or 4 plugs.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Made an apointment today to take it to a specalized honda tuner in El Paso. This company has made some pretty awesome hondas over the years including a K-swapped CRX.

Things they will need to address;

Wiring issue (no oil pressure sensor as well as sensor on back of block-probably have to run a oil gauge into the car)

ECU issue (run the P13 w/vtec controler or my chipped P28)-still throwing a CEL

Oil pan needs replacment (dented) and new gasket

Rear main, left main seals need replament

battery wire (relocated to trunk) needs to be mounted properly

Fuel system needs to be cleansed (drop tank most likely to clean out gunk)

Power steering needs to be mounted (bracket fabbed for reservoir)

After that, i am going to basically put the car on jack stands and take apart the suspension to replace all the bushings.

I cant wait for this car after this work is done. in the meantime, i will drive it sparingly and see if i can do anything to the fuel system myself (seafoam treatment, clean injectors, etc)

·
Registered
59 Posts
RYwire Harness

What all did the RYwire harness cover? Ecu through firewall to injectors, alt, dizzy, ect..!? Im planning on buying one but it looks like it doesnt have the plugs to tuck the fuse box, resistor, vacuum box, ect..? or do you have to cut into it ? Any write up on the harness install? Thanks!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Rywire had every wire in the 8 pin dizzy plug mis wired tdc was where cps was suppose to be and all sorts of crap, I was very disappointed in the qulaity of work they do, also when I emailed when I finally figured it out, Peter over here said " mistakes happen" and made no effort to make it right. Besides the conversion harness looked like a 2 y/ o wrapped it ): very disappointed , my advise , build your own harness

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
The car is now at the shop for tuning. Dont know how long its going to take-he is a pretty popular honda tech around this area and had about 10 other cars there when i brought it.

Cant wait to get it back!

·
Registered
495 Posts
looks and sounds great congrats on the swap
i cant wait till fall when i swap

my b20a5 is bored out but im thinking of going with the same swap as u

you are my inspiration at the moment

......is the red lude yours also?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thanks guys for all the props!

Car is currently still at the shop. The guy decided to close down his shop however, he is finishing all the needed work that is left behind, so i should get this thing back in about a week or so. I cant wait to get it back on the streets again!

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
Thanks guys for all the props!

Car is currently still at the shop. The guy decided to close down his shop however, he is finishing all the needed work that is left behind, so i should get this thing back in about a week or so. I cant wait to get it back on the streets again!
Man you have had issues with this project one after the other...:sadlike:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Man you have had issues with this project one after the other...:sadlike:
Its a combination of lack of time and incompetent mechanics/low priority. It will be ready for the streets next week for sure!

Once i have it back and after my deployment to Afghanistian, i will be getting the suspension all taken care of-Coilovers and bushings all around. After that, its paint and body work.

By next summer, it will be something i will be prowd to take to meets/shows. Updates all along the way will be posted.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts