Honda Prelude Forum banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
THREAD ALIVE!!!!!

Ok, my time has FINALLY come to finish this car up. I am not going to give up on this project. It means too much to me.

I have purchased a ton of parts to complete the swap and clean up the motor. these include:

-new cam seal (Blox)
-4g prelude shifter (i found a Forbidden short shifter...WINNING!!!!)
-h22 shifter cable bracket
-alt belt (dayco)
-power steering reservoir (03 TL)
-new DIzzy (however they sent me an external coil one but the place has the TD60 i need)
-TPS
-fuel line (if the 5g doesnt work i may just bend the stock one to fit)
-fuel filter

Things still needed:

VSS issue-i just have the cable into the tranny with no bracket.
PS belt (need to order)
VTEC issue (may just get a chipped p13/28 or a VAFC
Battery relocate (just need to run the wire)
Exhaust-(probably going to replace the headers too)

I will keep you all updated with the progress. I cant wait!!!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
THREAD F'ing ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, i know its been too long for this thread and probably alot of people dont know me from the site anymore.

However, I have epic news!

My good buddy from St Louis is down here for the week-bought my EF LS swapped 4door and has been helping me finish my prelude. We have power, spark, fuel, and everything was going good......till we took the dizzy off.......the 2 prongs that go into the cam were completely sheered off! WTF-terrible casting on that thing.

Anybody know where i can get a GOOD OEM-spec dizzy? not this cheap China shit?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did some more work to the car today-got the heater hoses hooked up and tightened.

4th gen Forbidden shifter is on and works! sweet!

Also mocked up the power steering belt and it does not rub!!! BONUS! I really thought it would rub the frame.

Also started messing with the PS reservoir and how it would work with it re-positioned. I have a TL reservoir so im going to have to look up the write-up on that.

Good progress today overall.

I am ordering the new dizzy on friday.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Dizzy ordered-plus purchased a used one as a "back up"

Been trying to figure out how to route the power steering hoses from the pump to the reservoir. Need to measure and make some hoses for this.

ANybody have some ideas on that?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
THREAD ALIVE!!!!

MY CAR RUNS!!!!! i took a video and will be posted soon.

It runs a bit rough, since it has old gas in the tank however, it idle's at about 700 rpm-perfect!

Need a few things to tiddy it up a bit (intake, new VC, exhaust, VFAC) but im just happy that it is running! awesome!

video coming here shortly

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Im just really happy that the motor runs now. I really want to drive it around my neighborhood, but its loud as fuck!!!! dont want to piss of my neighbors. Plus, the car is not titled yet in this state (still has IL title).

Now that its running, time to finish up the following:

*Power Steering reservoir re-locate and hose connections-once the fluid is all filled, i will put the belt on and see how well it works.

*VFAC-since i have an 88, in order for me to have VTEC, i need one of these.

*Exhaust-I have a Vibrant blackout muffler and a test pipe. now i need somebody to make me a decent looking 2 1/2 inch exhaust from header back.

*Speedo cable connection to tranny-I dont have the B20 or H22 VSS to make this work-can somebody create one for me? 1Funryd?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I spent some time mocking up my short ram intake for the car. However, it started to storm like fuck outside, so i didnt bother continuing.

I decided since i wasnt doing any work, to fire up the car again. One thing that bothers me about it is the fact that my Rywire harness did not come with a Oil pressure sensor plug, so im throwing an oil light as well as a CEL (CEL probably from lack of O2 Sensor along with some other things).

Did all of your guys harness' come with the plug for the oil pressure sensor? Since i dont have this, will i EVER have VTEC? I think maybe a VAFC would solve the problem?

·
Premium Member
16,518 Posts
I spent some time mocking up my short ram intake for the car. However, it started to storm like fuck outside, so i didnt bother continuing.

I decided since i wasnt doing any work, to fire up the car again. One thing that bothers me about it is the fact that my Rywire harness did not come with a Oil pressure sensor plug, so im throwing an oil light as well as a CEL (CEL probably from lack of O2 Sensor along with some other things).

Did all of your guys harness' come with the plug for the oil pressure sensor? Since i dont have this, will i EVER have VTEC? I think maybe a VAFC would solve the problem?

Here is information from MustardCat:

As to the bungs: Stock O2, my wideband, and extra bung for tuners wideband. (I figure they would want to use their own)

No pictures today because it was mostly wiring. Started the car and drove up and down the block real quick, problems encountered:

Rywire harness not 100%:

The main relay uses ground 101, the one at the t-stat housing. The rywire harness has this location, but the relay doesn't ground to it anymore. So with no ground, the main relay doesn't work, no fuel pump and no power to the ECU. I did a quick test jumper today and tomorrow I will need to add a permanent new ground for the relay.

Need to run 1 wire from the alt. connector to near the fuse box, this is the charging warning light and rywire didn't supply it. (or even mention that it needed to be added.)

Other issues:

The left-to-right movement shifter cable is bad so I need to swap in my spare. This actually isn't the horror you would imagine because there is a lot more room to work at the lower firewall with the H compared to the B.

And the big one, cylinder #1 not getting any fuel! Need to run through the troubleshoot procedure for this.
Now he has the Milspec harness, do you? or do you have the old conversion harness? Here is his build thread, you might want to pm him if you have the same harness: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351127

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I have the old splice and dice version of the Rywire harness.

I deleted my antenna today-put in a nice honda rubber cap.

I started the car once again just to hear it run.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Cut, painted (with high temp paint) and put on my intake. looks decent, probably cut a bit too much off the IM end of it. sits a bit crooked, but i will make a better intake sometime later.

This weekend:

Wire loom the dizzy plug wires
mess/mock up PS reservoir
source a good place to weld up an exhaust

Long term:
VAFC or chipped ECU
some new wheels ( going old skool for this one!)
UCA bushings (I have some new ones never used)
gasket kit
Ksport coil overs

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Im going to whore my own thread.....

Now that this car is running, it has really re-fired my passion for this car and 3rd gen preludes. I cant stop thinking about the future of this car and where i want it to go. Here is my list, both short and long terms:

Short:
-Chipped and tuned P28 ECU( so i can have mad VTAK yo!!!!!)
-Exhaust (custom welded most likely. I have a muffler and test pipe already)
-Oil pressure and water temp gauges
-replace 2 tires on the steelies (or just run my mint SI's for a while)
-new or repaint my valve cover
-UCA bushings (just need to install the ones i have)
-speedo cable issue (i think i need a new lower portion as well as both B20 and H22 VSS)
-tinker with the power steering lines/reservoir as well as replace all the hoses to the system-all are brittle as fuck!
-buy a new jack!!!!

Long term:

Enkei 92 wheels in gold
K-sport or Function & form coilovers
New intake

Im all in on this thing. Im not backing out now! Love this car!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
did the following today to my car?

*replaced the upper radiator hose-was using the B20 one, but it was old and dry. cheap fix with a 5th gen-just had to cut a little off.

*Loomed my dizzy wires under the hood

*Velcro'd the ECU to the mounting plate on the floorboard, since the P13 holes dont match up with the stock ECU

*gave it another wash and partial wax-looks pretty damn good for almost 25 yrs old!

drove it around the block actually-got through 3rd gear, but it is loud as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK!!!!!! im taking it to the exhaust place on thursday.

I forgot to cap off my PS lines at the cooler and near the shock tower. I had old ps fluid all over my alternator. had to clean up my driveway as well. opps.... I have to fab up some hoses so i can run the PS again.

more updates SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Epic pic post will be next weekend (of both my 3g's)

·
Premium Member
16,518 Posts
did the following today to my car?

*replaced the upper radiator hose-was using the B20 one, but it was old and dry. cheap fix with a 5th gen-just had to cut a little off.

*Loomed my dizzy wires under the hood

*Velcro'd the ECU to the mounting plate on the floorboard, since the P13 holes dont match up with the stock ECU

*gave it another wash and partial wax-looks pretty damn good for almost 25 yrs old!

drove it around the block actually-got through 3rd gear, but it is loud as FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKK!!!!!! im taking it to the exhaust place on thursday.

I forgot to cap off my PS lines at the cooler and near the shock tower. I had old ps fluid all over my alternator. had to clean up my driveway as well. opps.... I have to fab up some hoses so i can run the PS again.

more updates SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

Epic pic post will be next weekend (of both my 3g's)
You just wait until you get an exhaust on their, and then open her up, its going to be fun!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Im most likely going to have the car towed to the exhaust place across town. Once its ready, time to title her in NM (still has clean IL title).

Next week, purchase a chipped/tuned P28.

Cant wait to get this thing legal on the streets!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
exhaust and titling getting done tomorrow!!! then she is on the streets!

Also purchased a chipped/tuned P28 ECU.

I cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 112 Posts