Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several skeptics didn't believe it could happen, but as of today an A20A Head was dropped off at Bisimoto Engineering for R&D for the A20 motor. Heres the thread on 3geez:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66798&highlight=bisimoto
and let me apologize for getting the second gen prelude years wrong (I AM AWARE i said 85-87 instead of 83-87...ima dumbass)

·
Registered
754 Posts
omg omg omg omg omg i think a ray of light just started shining on my computer and by the way where is that coming from.....lol dang dude that is sooooo sweet i hope something happens with it

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
1,697 Posts
omg omg omg omg omg i think a ray of light just started shining on my computer and by the way where is that coming from.....lol dang dude that is sooooo sweet i hope something happens with it
^^Ditto.. I'll be keeping an eye on this... performance parts for the Si.. here we come!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
^^Ditto.. I'll be keeping an eye on this... performance parts for the Si.. here we come!
And maybe some usable ones for the A18 as well! ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
god im so excited about this, actual parts for the a-series, not something you have to shave to fit or redrill some holes somewhere but actual bolt in stuff, my fingers are crossed so f'n tight on this one

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I need some clearence... I have a 85 Lude but my engine is an ET-2, it´s the same as A18A1?

Thanks in advance

Essentially yes. There are some minor differences but nothing much. Any parts that Bisi would make would work for any derivative of the "A" engines, including A18, A20, BT, and ET.

C|

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Well I'm glad everyone over here is excited. Ill update this thread as i will on the other forum.
Sweet man! Thanks! I know I'm drooling with anticipation!.....

·
Registered
424 Posts
crossing my fingers for some titanium retainers, maybe some sweet valves, oh oh and roller rockers would be amazing! yes yes yes!

·
Registered
754 Posts
crossing my fingers for some titanium retainers, maybe some sweet valves, oh oh and roller rockers would be amazing! yes yes yes!
thinking about it makes me warm and fuzzy inside

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
parts

well i'd settle for just a decent cam profile for us hard core A20 engines but the titanium shit would be nice too and rollers would be the bollocks but i really can't see that happening way too much to design and produce, valves and retainers are piss easy to make and design so not really much in it. Want some forged pistons soon though to go with my Karillo lightweight Rods that would be nice or i'll have to get B18 ones made with blank crowns and have custom crowns machined at my end.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
HOLY SHIT! i think i just started to cry a little bit! I am now singing "I'm So Excited" i cant believe it! I just want to know why our dumb asses havent thought of this yet! lol! Good job 2DrSE-i!

I hope to see some performane parts for 1.8 2nd gen real soon! I am already getting a few really rare as hell parts for my prelude through connections!

Keep us posted

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Roller rockers would be cool as hell but it's unlikely there will be enough interest to get the cost low enough. What might be interesting are some more custom cam grinds that aren't currently available. Or maybe a set of parts for a big valve conversion. Obviously the machine work would still have to be done but if it were possible to get a kit with valves, springs, and a cam specifically ground for the larger valves; that would be very cool and would address the biggest deficiency with the A20.

C|

1 - 20 of 39 Posts