Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um so yea. I messed up. I guess the fact that i neglected to tape up the entire side of my car before i fixed my window trim lead to some overspray.... on my door. And i taped off a shitload, that paint has a way of getting into every little spot you missed.:wzbigcry:

Can i get rustoleum paint off the paint on my door?

Wet sanding?

Anything....

.... dear god im a moron. Please help me.:wzbigcry:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
if it oranged peeled, wetsand would most likely work, i would actually swing it by a body shop and see what they would suggest. but i am thinking colorsand and buff.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beau carney said:
This forum is for helping out fellow Prelude owners. Not for being a douche.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just took out my yellow clay and i have to say that stuff has mystical powers or something. I knew it was great for taking debris and other stuff off my clearcoat, but rustoleum paint? Yep. With some light rubbing and plenty of water i got all that crap of my paint. The clearcoat is just a little dull in the area where the overspray was, which is to be expected. So with a little wet sanding, buffing and wax i should be seeing those nighthawk black sparkles in no time.

Thanks a lot fellow luders. I would be sooo fucked if you guys didnt take the time to help a brother out.:smilejap:

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
damn dude, I knew a guy who tried to paint his calipers black with them still on his car, I messed up too, got some paint on the fender, clay bar should do you fine.

oops I gave away myself up there, lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts