Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Big brake kits typically need at least 17's and the fit is still gonna be tight.

Are you tracking your car? If not it may just be a waste of time.

BBK's offer more clamping torque to stop the wheel, however that doesn't necessarily mean your car will stop any quicker.

The cheaper alternative that will improve braking would be a good sticky set of tires.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
Yeah, the stock brakes have more than enough tq to lock up the wheels. So like hp5r said, sticky tires are gonna do more for stopping distances than a big brake kit. The advantages of a big brake kit are more in fade resistance, modulation, and feel. All of these can be massively improved w/o spending the really big bux on a big brake kit. Just get fluid, lines, and pads. If your rotors are getting worn out try some powerslots or something. If you want them to fill out the wheels a little better and want a significant increase in brake tq, you can always try an AEM or Powerslot Plus big rotor kit. Endless may have a rotor kit but I doubt it, not for our cars. Plus, I know from reading an SCC article about the kit that the powerslot plus kit can improve stopping distances by shifting more brake tq to the rear brakes, letting them do more work b4 the fronts lock up.

·
got 사랑?
572 Posts
hmm im researching into endless brakes...but i have no idea if my rims will clear it.

i have work vsxx 18x7.5 rims with 45 offset...will that clear? :O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts