Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big Brake Kit Help Needed!!

First of all, does anyone have any experience with big brake kits?

I have this obsession with big brakes and I would love to get a set, but I'm not sure what to buy.

I've read up on Stoptech's site (great brakes but I'll never fork over $1700 for front only) that with the big brake kits you can screw with the ABS and change things blah blah blah, so you may end up actually harming the system. Somehow ST avoided this with the correct P-V and P-T ratio (yeah, this goes deep) so I'm just looking for some fellow 'Luder's advice.

I've also been balancing the idea of just getting slotted or drilled rotors in OEM size with new pads (probably HAWK EPS or EBC Green).. but I would love to get some 12" rotors.

Second Part-

I found a COMPLETE kit from Baer for $800 including absolutely everything I need. I can't say that enough. Calipers, pads, rotors, hardware, mounting, etc.. but there's one problem.. it's for the VTEC model. I have an Si.

SH*T!

Should I just pull a 5-lug conversion and look for a 97+ Baer kit? If so, where can I get one?

If not, what can I do to change the Si to fit VTEC brakes?

BTW - Here's the kit.. http://www.performancecenter.com/products/searchtype_4d/sortorder_A/productcategory_Big+Brake+Kits/category_Brakes/mode_change/sf1_HONDA/sf2_1994/sf3_PRELUDE/partnumber_BAE4341007/

Click on the brake to see a bigger pic.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How so? It's 50% more ($450) and only comes with the front brakes.. besides, Baer is a phenomenal brake manufacturer. I would like to go with them if I can.. especially if I can get a kit for $800.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Doesn't AEM make a kit as well?I heard they weren't any good and they got disconntinued.What about brembo?< probably costly?A friend of mine had an AEM big brake kit on his civic.It would stop at a Dime.Squeel and everything at a 5 MPH roll.But would shake more than Shakira's waist on the Highway.I was thinking bout big brake kits as well, but didn't know that the ABS might be affected.

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts