Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the search for a well priced tire that delivers good performance, i have finally narrowed it down to 2 tires.

Bfgoodrich G-Force Sport and Nitto Neo gen.

Both are about 75 bucks a pop.

If anyone has EXPERIENCE with these tires i would be more than interested in hearing about it. Im not really concerned with peoples skewed opinions on different tire companys. Also a reason WHY one of the tires is better than the other would be great.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok Im Not Talking About The Bfgoodrich T/a's. I Know They Are Awesome Tires And I Cant Afford Them. I Am Talking About The Bfgoodrich Sport Tires.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I already stated my opinions on the Neo Gens..

ludespeed501 said:
I have Nitto Neo Gens, they're AWESOME tires. They grip to the road so well, and even in rainy weather they perform excellent. I give them two thumbs up - :emthup: :emthup:

·
Type-Esss
4,714 Posts
I got the BFG g-Force T/A Sports on my 'Lude SH and g-Force T/A KDW's (the expensive ones) on my SRT-4. I love them both. The KDW's are amazing and hold really well and launch really well and have the best dry traction I have experienced while still having as much confidence in the wet as they do. The g-Force sports aren't too far behind. They don't last quite as long and don't launch quite as well, but they hang in corners just as well b/c they still have the hard plastic sidewall supports the KDs and KDWs have and very similar tread compound. Plus, a stock SH Lude is still gonna hang in better than an SRT-4 w/ nothing but thicker swaybars anyway. But traction in the wet is slightly an issue, just don't try and have any fun in the wet and you'll be fine. They have plenty of confidence even in the pouring rain as long as you drive sedately, but I have had some scary moments trying to take a turn to fast and once I had to perform an emergency lane change and slid sideways, but I didn't spin, held it and got it straight again. Course the problem in the wet is due largely to the fact that I have a Type SH, ATTS just doesn't know what the hell to do with a wet road. But all around, they're great tires that give you great performance in the dry, both in straight line acceleration and cornering, and maintain good control under braking. Once they do begin to lose traction, they do it very progressively and predictably, allowing you to maintain control. They do very well in the wet for tires w/ this much grip in the dry, second only to the KDWs out of all the tires I've driven on. Don't launch my Prelude but I take the Dodge to the dragstrip alot and launch it all the time on the KDWs and just rotate them when I get home and they still give me a good year of fooling around, launching, cornering, and just plain old commuting. So there's much to be said for their little brother, the Sports. I have never driven Neo Gens but have heard many informed reports that they are designed more to look like a UHP tire than actually perform like one. The only real advantage they have is increased grip on the inside edge of the tires, making them work well w/ improperly lowered cars w/ excess negative camber. So if you are a stupid ricer who overlowered their car w/o getting a camber correction kit, go with the Neo Gens. If you're an informed driving enthusiast who just wants to have fun with their car w/o spending a fortune, get the Sports. Just my two cents. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
go for the g-Force Sports.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
My buddy has them on his Accord. I say Kumho SPTs because they're better, and about the same price.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i posted in your other thread...I did a review in the Tires/Wheels section on the BFG g-force sports, and I highly recommend them. These things have great treadwear (should last 25k+), are very quiet, and are pretty damn sticky.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
i'm impressed with my g-force sports, but I only have them on the front. I'll be replacing the other two with more of the same, I like em. I've used es100's and kuhmo asx's and falken 5-- something or others.. ziex 512? Anyway the tread wear is really good for the performance you get from these tires. I rate them up there with the yokohama's any day. BUtt... I think I hadsome camber/drive too fast issues on my other car so it's not a straight up comparison.

give them a try, I don't think you'll regret it

·
Registered
458 Posts
i think if you're not financially capable to get expensive tires then i would recommend u get kumho's asx. they're pretty decent tires for their price. i believe it's like about 75 a pop. i rather go for those than the the g-forces or the neo gens. but if u were to choose between g-force or the neogens then i rather go for the g-forces. Neogens are garbage.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i have a set of g-force sports and i love them. get the BFg's

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like the BFgoodrich Sports take the cake. The neogens DO look a lot cooler. But when it comes down to it, a tire is supposed to preform and not supposed to be an exterior accesory.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i also likt the look of the bfgs

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dunno... i think they look like a truck tire or something like that. Personally i like straight v-shaped lines on tires. For a sporty track sort of look. But on the other hand who really gives a shit lol. Thanks for the pic though, its nice to see what they look like installed on a car. They dont look as bad as i thought. Its just the T/A KDW's look SOOO damn cool its weird they didnt do the same for the sports.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
SamEyeHam said:
I dunno... i think they look like a truck tire or something like that. Personally i like straight v-shaped lines on tires. For a sporty track sort of look. But on the other hand who really gives a shit lol. Thanks for the pic though, its nice to see what they look like installed on a car. They dont look as bad as i thought. Its just the T/A KDW's look SOOO damn cool its weird they didnt do the same for the sports.

this is true, kdw's are awesome looking.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts