Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know, I have already searched. I have already put ThermoTec sound proofing and eDead in my trunk and door panels and I do not think that it is enough. I want less road noise. I want the kind of soundproofing that they use in BMW's and Lexus', you know, the real thick cloth stuff. Weight is not really an issue, but has anyone done this? I may look into buying some of it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just to let you know, I have already searched. I have already put ThermoTec sound proofing and eDead in my trunk and door panels and I do not think that it is enough. I want less road noise. I want the kind of soundproofing that they use in BMW's and Lexus', you know, the real thick cloth stuff. Weight is not really an issue, but has anyone done this? I may look into buying some of it.

Dont buy OEM crap. Its works in Lexues etc as the car is made differently also the metal is thicker.
Get Second Skin Spectrum and spray this around the wheels wells front and rear (obviosuly cleaned) this will also act as underseal as it has loads of rust prohibitors and also keep down noise. The wheels wells are where most road noise happens.

Next remove all wank tar sound deadening. The get some Second Skin Damplifier about 80+sqft and roll this onto the floors, arches, boot floor, doors and roof. This will dampen vibrations and help keep noise out.

Next you need to stop the airborne noise. Now i suggest a choice of a couple of materials the Closed cell foam Camping mat (exactly the same as Second SKin overkill but way cheaper). Lay this everywhere, or something like this but from the US not the UK. http://www.flooring-exposed.com/envirolay-54oz-felt-underlay-1505-m2-27-p.asp

Lay it everywhere. This will just eliminate most road noise. It exactly what im doing so go for it.

·
Premium Member
5,227 Posts
Heh, well I can tell you you're average BMW has about 3"-4" of carpet pad... at least thats how the OEM does it. HEAVY as hell let me tell ya. Wiring under carpet in a bmw was a BITCH.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont buy OEM crap. Its works in Lexues etc as the car is made differently also the metal is thicker.
Get Second Skin Spectrum and spray this around the wheels wells front and rear (obviosuly cleaned) this will also act as underseal as it has loads of rust prohibitors and also keep down noise. The wheels wells are where most road noise happens.

Next remove all wank tar sound deadening. The get some Second Skin Damplifier about 80+sqft and roll this onto the floors, arches, boot floor, doors and roof. This will dampen vibrations and help keep noise out.

Next you need to stop the airborne noise. Now i suggest a choice of a couple of materials the Closed cell foam Camping mat (exactly the same as Second SKin overkill but way cheaper). Lay this everywhere, or something like this but from the US not the UK. http://www.flooring-exposed.com/envirolay-54oz-felt-underlay-1505-m2-27-p.asp

Lay it everywhere. This will just eliminate most road noise. It exactly what im doing so go for it.
Ah, that camping mat was exactly what I was looking for. Now to find it in the US.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,294 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.