Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm, I've been wanting to do something to my engine for awhile now..I don't really know where to start because i dont know much about engine mods. So far i have a cai and exhaust, which don't do much..What's a fairly cheap (under $500-600) to increase hp/tq? i was thinking cams..not to sure though.

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
nitrous

·
Vrooom PSHHHH
6,486 Posts
change all fluids to synthetic - restore lost stuff
huh...? lol the only thing that would restore power MAYBE would be synthetic oil but it wouldnt even be noticeable. Synthetic brake fluid, clutch fluid, tranny fluid....not going to increase power.

A tune up may get you somewhere though if it hasnt been done in a while

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,277 Posts
Under $500? Forget it.

Give your car a full tune-up: spark plug wires, iridium spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, change the tranny fluid, synthetic oil for the next oil change, and replace any leaky seals (ex: cam seals, oil filter o-ring, VTEC solenoid gasket, ect). All of these things will keep your 'Lude alive a LOT longer if you do them now while you have the money. If you're looking for some big number gains cheap... look elsewhere- you won't find it with an H22.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Under $500? Forget it.

Give your car a full tune-up: spark plug wires, iridium spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, change the tranny fluid, synthetic oil for the next oil change, and replace any leaky seals (ex: cam seals, oil filter o-ring, VTEC solenoid gasket, ect). All of these things will keep your 'Lude alive a LOT longer if you do them now while you have the money. If you're looking for some big number gains cheap... look elsewhere- you won't find it with an H22.
i agree.. save the money for general repair/upkeep costs.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
huh...? lol the only thing that would restore power MAYBE would be synthetic oil but it wouldnt even be noticeable. Synthetic brake fluid, clutch fluid, tranny fluid....not going to increase power.

A tune up may get you somewhere though if it hasnt been done in a while
i did it and noticed a lot of change - but then again - im the first lude owner who actually cared about it - ppl before me just kep the outside looking alright - there was so much gunk on and in my engine it wasn't even funny

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I would say a used piggyback + installation and MAYBE a tune if u can squeeze out the money.... would prolly get u the most gain by altering stock a/f ratios and lowering ur vtec to a smoother line.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Get some tacos n a burrito than u'll have about 490 left!
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
339 Posts
save up about $50 or so and get a p28 ecu chipped wit hondata! but then you would have to learn to tune your car yourself, lol, unless you got more money to get sumone to tune it =)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwsssssssss!!!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts