Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys looking to buy a new stand alone system as my next mod.

What in your opinion is the best and easiest?

Please add experiences and knowledge based on facts and use.

Thanks guys

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
hondata s300, has the most options, a pretty easy software interface, only one cable for everything, built in datalogging memory, and is the most reliable and has the highest support.
for a high boost application, ecu controlled boost control is a good investment with it as well

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheap too right if im not mistaken its 600 bucks not a bad investment.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
cheap too right if im not mistaken its 600 bucks not a bad investment.
595 for the s300 kit, doesnt include an ecu. it has to be installed in a supported obd1 civic or integra ecu, preferably a p06, pr4, p75, p28, p30, or p72

i sell the whole package installed into an ecu with a custom basemap for $830 for vtec and $800 for non-vtec

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
ectune is 100 dollars from a dealer :) and 200 for the version to tune yourself. about 400-500 fully loaded with all the tuning supplies.

ectune and neptune can do anything and everything s300 can do and at a cheaper price. But i do like the hondata program, i just dont like the owners.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
What is the difference in options between eCtune and AEM? And which one is easier to use? I'm wondering because here in Bulgaria most of the people buy AEM if they want something good and CROME if they want something cheap :)

I hope this is in the topic. If not sorry.

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
i know. it was pure sarcasm.

i know a few guys that tune supras and mustangs with it.

id be more worried about the cost factor. i think my buddy was quoted $6k-7k installed in his supra:vroam:

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
good luck finding someone competent to operate that system, lol.
yeah thats the main thing.
aem ems is prob the best. but a tuning system is only as good as the tuner who sets it up and tunes it, and its near impossible to find someone that can do every aspect of it well

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
yeah thats the main thing.
aem ems is prob the best. but a tuning system is only as good as the tuner who sets it up and tunes it, and its near impossible to find someone that can do every aspect of it well
That's were making a good interface can make you or break you. After playing crome and mega squirt, I'm looking at AEM. Its a good system for the money if you plan to using at least half the options. Other wise it could be a waste of money. I wouldn't use it as just for a stock replacement.

The biggest thing so far is I need to start documenting what I do with these systems. Crome is pretty easy once you figure out what the hole hi/low settup is about. Mega squrit is a diffrent story, there are so many undocument or lost tricks. Just figuring how to get to run with different wide bands was an Issue in itself. The part I got caugth up on was setting up the injectors. The way the explain how to do the injectors pretty covluted and seems dated. There was no real way calculate what settings to use based on your injectors. Setting up the injector to me seem to be the most important part of the hole deal. If you setup your injector wrong, you can short there life. Also, you can not just replace them with same type of injectors base on there method of install. Also the fuel and ingtion maps resolution could be more.

Let me stop...I'm rambling now......

·
bangin' gears
15,676 Posts
What is the difference in options between eCtune and AEM? And which one is easier to use? I'm wondering because here in Bulgaria most of the people buy AEM if they want something good and CROME if they want something cheap :)

I hope this is in the topic. If not sorry.
ectune is honda based
aem is standalone

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
ectune is honda based
aem is standalone
How about the options? I know that eCtune have a lot of options. What is that AEM can do and eCtune cannot?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm a hondata s300 guy myself. Tuned my own car driving around my area. I just hooked everything up and learned how the program works and learned how to fiddle with it on my own. I hope to be Hondata certified and AEM certified someday.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah in a feew weeks i might hit you up on that deal motoxxx thats not bad. What ecu would you give me tho???

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
yo blake, have you read anything about pro efi yet? its a pretty incredible system. its quite new and a bunch of the supra and 350z guys use it. im pretty sure there is a universal version aswell.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts