Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im just curious to your opinions on the best clean deep sounding exhaust with the most hp out put? i dont want a loud raspy noise. some links with full system would be nice, from experience which is the best sounding exhaust?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I had an apexi GT spec on my car for a long time. Fucking perfect with and with out a cat on the car. It lasted a long ass time before the muffler blew out. Good luck finding it still sometimes they are on ebay. Stay away for the apexi n1 the way the muffler is angled it drags the ground and the piping is mild steel so it will rust. Get one you tube and do some listings.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Side note I have a brand new never opened Greddy EVO catback for our gen ludes laying around. I'd sell it for 450+ shipping.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
The best sounding one. Imo is one where people can't here you coming a mile away

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
163 Posts
The best sounding one. Imo is one where people can't here you coming a mile away

I respectfully disagree.

I haven't finished up my exhaust yet but I will be using a full VRS 2.5" mandrel bent piping kit, with 2 magnaflow resonators, 1 magnaflow 2.5" cat, and a Buddy Club Spec 3 muffler.

My goal is to hopefully keep it reasonably quiet for daily driving but as soon as I hit WOT to be just a loud clean ripping ass tone.

Apexi World Sport 2 and Greddy Evo 2 are really quiet and sound great at WOT. I would suggest one of those.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
I respectfully disagree.

I haven't finished up my exhaust yet but I will be using a full VRS 2.5" mandrel bent piping kit, with 2 magnaflow resonators, 1 magnaflow 2.5" cat, and a Buddy Club Spec 3 muffler.

My goal is to hopefully keep it reasonably quiet for daily driving but as soon as I hit WOT to be just a loud clean ripping ass tone.

Apexi World Sport 2 and Greddy Evo 2 are really quiet and sound great at WOT. I would suggest one of those.
Im glad you disagree with my opinion.

If I gave a factorial suggestion, it would be non of what you have suggested here. Those already put together exhaust systems are over priced and inefficient.

Op should first decide on what size tubing he wants, anywhere from 2-3 inches is normal, than he has to decide what type of cat he wants to run no cat, high flow, or full cat for emissions.
Than he would have to select resonators to add to there, 18 inch for a minimum. I would go with 2 18 inches, really tones down excess noise.
Last to the choice would be muffler. I prefer a vibrant muffler. I like them personal preference.

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
I run a set like that.it sounds really deep and good. But I'd rather no noise after so many years of driving it it gets annoying after awhile.esp on a daily driver

·
Registered
600 Posts
Kteller stainless piping, Vibrant ultra quite resonator, and vibrant flat black muffler. I went full 3" on mine and its not to loud DD but when i get on it she screams. I love the sound, No raspy tin sound to it at all. all my friends are big v8 guys and they said my exhaust dont sound like a "rice burner" coming and going.

its not the best video but it gives a idea. and dont mind the faded paint its getting resprayed this summer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The longest resonator you can find, 2.5" piping and whatever muffler you like then just put a electronic cutout after the collector when you feel like putting your foot down.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts