Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm getting a new tachometer (aftermarket) cuz mine is not working and i was wondering where is the best place to install it ( like on the left side of the steering wheel or on the right ... ? )

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey guys i'm getting a new tachometer (aftermarket) cuz mine is not working and i was wondering where is the best place to install it ( like on the left side of the steering wheel or on the right ... ? )
Why isn't it working. I would fix that even if u have to buy a new cluster. No offense it would look gay a big tach working next to your dead tach. If you must install it. Be old school and install it on your hood!!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
my friends got a small 3 inch tac. mounted by his sterring col;um but i guess a-piller would be alright lookin. but yeah i think you should fix your stock one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Umm i have no idea how to fix it ... i really want to stay with my stock one...any suggestions what can be done so it can work again ? it's only the tachometer that is not working i have no idea what is the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
Where is the best place to put an aftermarket tach?
IN THE TRASH!!! :tounge2:

just fix the stock tach, it will probably be cheaper an it won't rice out your interior. I've seen them installed in a few ludes and they look terrible..............like a civic owner. roflmao

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would pull up the carpet up and check the RPM wire from the ECU.
I'll do that.

I would install it directly into my brain, so that I can have an RPM indicator through my nervous system!
Hahaha that's a good one.

So from what i hear nobody likes aftermarket tachometer ( i really dont like it neither but i want mine to work so bad :( ).... i'll check everything i can on it and try to fix it. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
it depends on what size tachometer you are trying to install.the 5th gen is the hardest to install a tach in my opinion because the windshield is so sporty and is at a weird angel.so i think the best place is either on the a-pillar or if that doesnt work there is another good place.on the dash above the driver side air vent closest to the driver door there is a vent at the top of the dash that pops out and reveals a good place to run your wiring up through the dash.but try and fix ur stock tach first and let me know

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Fix the one in the dash, it's kind of silly to install an aftermarket one when the stock one doesn't work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts