Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audiovox AA-9127. Yeah, I know its an audiovox. Had one when the first came out way way*4 back in the day. The range is like 3 or 4 miles. Easy to use and install. Nothing fancy and you can make it work with your current alarm or on its own. It was one of the first I alarms I ever installed.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
hmmmm, I guess it's an okay deal for the money. But I'd rather spend a little more to get a lot more.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
can someone verify 3 or 4 miles? I call bs till I see that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That's pretty good considering that DEI alarms cannot go farther than 1 mile in testing on a clear day? :jehon:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
mine sure can't, i'd say 200-300 yards line of sight, max.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CruZin89LuDe said:
mine sure can't, i'd say 200-300 yards line of sight, max.
Yeah, I always wonder why the newer alarms ranges were so short.
Then I figured it must be an FCC issue. Rules change this thing must've been grandfathered in.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
maybe you're right, my old one (3 years maybe?) had a way longer range. Maybe they found out people were causing the actuators on airplanes wings to fall off or something.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CruZin89LuDe said:
maybe you're right, my old one (3 years maybe?) had a way longer range. Maybe they found out people were causing the actuators on airplanes wings to fall off or something.
I think its to help out the cell phones. Digital signal are easier to miss with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.