Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 01 prelude and i have bent my valves 3 times. all i have done is an ebay intake, skunk2 pro series intake manifold, greddy header, and a cheap ebay muffler. i got it all put together last time and it never ran as fast as it did before, when it was stock. im about to rebuild it again does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
So, you've bent 3 sets of valves? Try a different car...

·
Registered
219 Posts
nothing you listed would bend your valves

the only way you could is belt sliped,water injected into the cylinder(hydro lock) , bad timming belt tensnor

i once had a spring come off one of the pullys and wrap around the bottom pully and slip the belt

make sure you have the head redone and new timming belt and tensor

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
quit downshifting into the wrong gear at high speeds, running through water, or redlining all the time, cause the parts you've listed that you have done wouldn't bend your valves magicly. There's more that has gone on that you haven't posted, so we need more details

·
_
2,494 Posts
throw away time. get a 240.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i bought a hole brand new stock head and head gasket kit. i plane on rebuilding it this week or next. any suggestions or ideas on parts r tech help would be great. i never replaced the tensioner. i never was the one to blow it up, my wife did it. someone sayed something about a 240. i have one its a 89 hatch im might sell it. if anyone is interest.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
145 Posts
might be the way u treat it....abused much? bent valves 3 times dam feel bad for ur ride man

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
might be the way u treat it....abused much? bent valves 3 times dam feel bad for ur ride man
you feel bad for his ride? i feel bad for his "wife". you know exactly what you're doing wrong, none of us need to speak another word. nothing you put on the car has caused it. 99% of the time is driver error. i think it's time you traded in your car for an auto.

·
_
2,494 Posts
do you know how to break your engine in properly, once you've rebuilt it?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
i bought a hole brand new stock head and head gasket kit. i plane on rebuilding it this week or next. any suggestions or ideas on parts r tech help would be great. i never replaced the tensioner....
Posted via Mobile

Sorry to say but if you have to ask for tips, then you shouldnt be doing such an important rebuild :upside:

edit: grab the helms manual in my sig.

·
Registered
518 Posts
ask your wife what went wrong with the valves.

no, seriously.

and force yourself to read the users manual.

you have some pictures of the broken head or details on about how u drive your car?

i would love to see that.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Its ok, I've been thru 64 valves!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Its ok, I've been thru 64 valves!
what are you guys, eating them?????

what kind of driving style or mechanic skills you need to have for a job like that?

not flaming, just curiosity.

i've never had a single problem after each rebuilt engine! even without oem parts!

4 sets of valves?
explain please....

·
bangin' gears
15,675 Posts
what are you guys, eating them?????

what kind of driving style or mechanic skills you need to have for a job like that?

not flaming, just curiosity.

i've never had a single problem after each rebuilt engine! even without oem parts!

4 sets of valves?
explain please....
youve probably never built an h22 that could make 300whp

·
Registered
518 Posts
youve probably never built an h22 that could make 300whp

obviously, the one that f..d up 4 valve trains couldn't make 300whp either.:flipa:

and, thats why i asked for explanation. said i wasn't flaming anyone.
jesus, do i have to write a disclaimer for every post i write?:grin:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts