Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to belly up to the bar boys and girls. If you haven't already donated a few bucks to the site please do so.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Not sure why this is specifically in the 3G section.

Even more confused by the need for it to be bumped only 5 minutes after it was posted.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
...as seen in my sig below.
we've lost several advertisers and sponsors as of dec 31 2008, and dave the owner of the site can't really afford to pay for the site out of his own pocket.
so to help keep the site from getting shut down, we ask that people make donations of whatever amount in excess of $5 to help keep the site alive until more advertisers can be saught out.
thank you thehig for posting this, it'll prob get more attention than my sig lol.
to donate, you can simply click the "donor" button in my info to the left and follow from there into paypal

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
If this site has helped you or this site with the help of me or any of my friends. Donate! I found this site at the same time I found preludeonline.com and they charge $8 or more a year and your lucky if you get 3 hits a day. I just donated $15 as I got a $100 dollar bill for christmas. I had no idea that the site was hurting. I fail in comparence to mustard cat but I have not been working.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
funny how the guy that has never donated any money and has been here longer than me is the only one with problems with this thread!

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
it also helps out to click the advertisements every once in a while :)
yes, that it does.
companies track stuff like that, meaning that when you visit websites, if you got to that site by clicking an advertisement, it tracks where you found the ad that you clicked. this helps companies determine where their customers come from so they know who is worth paying and who is not worth paying to advertise for them.

like say turbokits.com pays to have an ad here on preludepower and 4 other sites. if they get hits from the other 4 sites, but low/no hits from preludepower, they know its not worth paying for, so they cancel their advertisements with us. if they get a lot of hits from preludepower, they know its a good investment, and they'll keep paying to advertise here

·
Registered
386 Posts
Id be willing to sponsor any info on that moto???? if not i be willing to donate :)

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
funny how the guy that has never donated any money and has been here longer than me is the only one with problems with this thread!
So you're back to being an asshole about things then. Well done you.

I'll profer you some help with this one.

I can easily do without this site, no big deal to me. I have a much harder time running my own site/club that is also struggling for finances without any advertising as such. So if I had a few £s to give to one I know which would be my choice.
Being here the longest means nothing, or maybe it does, it means I supported it for longer with the information and expreience given. That is worth more than a couple of dollars to most people.
I also use the option of the 'click throughs' a lot (even though they are no benefit to me anyway) that some of you probably have no clue how they work.

And the major point here that you sem to have completely ignored was what I actually said in my post rather than what you have decided it meant. Learn to read properly before having a go at someone. you'll look smarter for it.

I simply asked why the thread was specifically and only in the 3G section of the site. :rolleyes2:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I simply asked why the thread was specifically and only in the 3G section of the site. :rolleyes2:
The only reason I posted here was because I have a 3G,and this is where I go.I am not very knowledgeable about cars, but want to learn, and have gotten a ton of info for free. Thanks to Moto, cuda, sean,soviet,rash, and lots others. When I read Moto sig I figured, even being out of work and money VERY tight I wanted to help with what I could.
If you can't spare the money then don't feel bad, but if you can why not help out. Its the best site I have found for help and info.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
TheHig,
Don't get me wrong I agree with what you're saying totally.
I only asked as a hint that it might be better to spread the word across all sections rather than just this one. ;-)

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TheHig,
Don't get me wrong I agree with what you're saying totally.
I only asked as a hint that it might be better to spread the word across all sections rather than just this one. ;-)
Yeah I thought of that after you mentioned it. Figured the guys in the other forums might get a little salty when a 3G guy comes in that they have never seen brings it up.
Its all good...I understand.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
also to note, 3g is the most popular section on this site

Id be willing to sponsor any info on that moto???? if not i be willing to donate :)
pm hondaprelude88. thats dave, the site owner. he'll give you all the info needed and the various choices you have for being a sponsor/advertiser.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
For the record I see no sign that this thread was ever bumped. I thought you had a problem with this thread. If you don't then you have nothing to worry about. I said you had a problem with it and I guess you don't. The only other thing I did was stated the obvious that you hadn't donated money. Which also doesn't matter if you don't have a problem with this thread. Donate if you can. If you can't no biggie. I was using the same rational as moto man. That the 3rd gen section has the most veiwers of the whole website. Many like me that might go days or months without looking at other forums on this website.

You have only been here a half a year more than me and I have helped and given as much information as you or more. I find it funny that everytime someone doesn't kiss your ass you have to remind us how you don't need this website and start with the vulgar name calling. So I utter these words to you: "you can't leave your highness, you mustn't leave your highness, oh please don't leave your highness!"

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
So even though you were totally out of order you still have to finish with the childish stuff. Well done you.
I just get tired of you feeling compelled to try to slag me off at every single opportunity you think you get. It's tiresome that's all.
You were the only one who made the assumption I had a problem with this thread, it's quite clear I don't. It's only you who didn't see the post that contained the word 'Bump' and nothing else that I commented on.
Maybe in future when you feel the need to have a go at me for no reason you could do it by PM and save all this nonsense annoying everyone else.

As for this section being the most popular it also stands to reason that it's more likely people using it will be more likely to eb the ones donating. Hence my suggestion it may be as good/better in other sections as well.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
i think we should all just cool it...i HAVE donated but only because this site has helped me so much and its threads like these about tow luders arguing that make me wish sometimes that it wasnt a good investment. pp needs help...no big deal. after i get outta school i wont hesitate to help again but grow up and if you cant help...no big deal. just aprreciate everything preludepower.com does for you. thanks to all the moderators and owners for all your continued support on the site.

just on a side note though this may be really useful in the general section or eve if the mods have the power to do a community preivate message to everyone just as a friendly reminder for 2009. and from now im clicking every ad...lol

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I'm just glad the thread was made. I would have had no idea the site had lost sponsors/needed help/whatever. I've learned sooo much over the years here, totally glad to help out.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Omfg the site is hurting? Does that mean it may go down if we don't get enough donations? I have like $15 to spend till next week and now I know where it should be going. How bad is the situation or am I just freaking out. I come here like EVERY DAY and am helping organize the midwest meet through this site. I would die if this thing fell apart.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts