Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not totally crazy. Just a little build that i've wanted to do for a while now.

I've had this particular prelude now for 3yrs. Boosted it last summer and loved it. Some things since the last repaint really bothered me. So i decided i was going to repaint the car again. Only difference this time is that i've purchase all new window trim moldings, as well as waiting on my rear quarters which have been on back order for ever.

Some of you might remember my car how it was. For the rest of you, here you go....

I've always had a thing for preludes, which is why i ended up selling my EK, and coming back to my roots.

Last summer i boosted the car which ran awesome without a problem. I drove the car hard every time, this is not my daily by the way. Went out to a few lapping days and had a blast.

So here begins my build. Not going to crazy, just a mild rebuild of the motor, more for reliability then anything. Would like to attend some more lapping days, and the extra insurance of having a setup that can take the abuse. Going to be running an oilcooler, to bring my oil temps down.

Cosmetically no major changes to the body...but i will show those when it gets painted.

As for the interior, the back half is going to be gutted with a 4point rollcage.

I know everyone loves pics, so here is what i've done so far.

Thats all thats done for now, i'll add more pics as soon as i take the motor out. Just waiting on this cold snap to end we are having here in Toronto.

Thanks for looking.:smile:

P.S....sorry about the large pics, i'm a noob at posting.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
sweet lude man and where are you getting rear 1/4's from cause i need a passengerside one and honda has discontinued that side

·
Registered
454 Posts
Right On Len!

Man, those interior pics brings back memories when I was guttin' the '91 ALB for the 5 SPD swap...ahhh the good times and I DEFINATELY wanna see how the 4-point rollcage turns out. :megacool:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that an oem trunk spoiler?
No, got it on ebay. Just look up "M3 lip spoiler".

nice work. wat are some specs before the rebuild? how much power and stuff
I guess i should have posted that huh.lol. Well, was a stock B20A5 with a custom WeirTech Manifold, t3/t4 57trim, .63ar turbo, 35mm Tial WG, no name brand RFL replica bov. 2.5" downpipe leading to a straight thru 3" exhaust and exiting out a vibrant muffler. Car put down 230hp and 220tq at 6.5lbs.

I'll try and get a copy of the dyno.

Right On Len!

Man, those interior pics brings back memories when I was guttin' the '91 ALB for the 5 SPD swap...ahhh the good times and I DEFINATELY wanna see how the 4-point rollcage turns out. :megacool:
You finally did the swap on the red lude?

sweet lude man and where are you getting rear 1/4's from cause i need a passengerside one and honda has discontinued that side
Well, i ordered the half 1/4's. They say they have them but have been delaying the order forever. The full 1/4's are sold out though. They told me the same thing.

By half 1/4 i mean up to the doorgaurd, nothing below.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
4 point rollcage?!?!? PICS of that would be sweet and what the details of your build i forgot to ask....well i need that part the most right now but my inner part is rusting badly so i might have to custom it who knows

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4 point rollcage?!?!? PICS of that would be sweet and what the details of your build i forgot to ask....well i need that part the most right now but my inner part is rusting badly so i might have to custom it who knows
Well the car will be going for the cage mid/end of Feb. Once it gets installed i'll def. post pics up.

As for the build.

Wiesco 81.5 mm pistons
Crower Rods
ARP head bolts
Brand new Honda Oil pump, and water pump.
New Garret Turbo, same specs as now.
Tial 38mm/Synapses WG
HKS bov.
Oil cooler

Up the boost and have some fun.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
sick build man and where did you get those gauge pods from
Technically thats not a gauge pod but the standard gauge cups with mounting brackets. There was a member onhere that bought a 2 gauge pod that fit a suburu that mounted ontop of steering column at that spot. I think I have a link somewhere if you want it. Its like $120 and is made out of alluminum.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
those gauge pods are 120 bucks what????? come on now i would say maybe 15 bucks each.....nvm i jus saw you said allluminum but yea i jus want those cups to add to my pillar pod cuase that would be the easiest for me instead of getting another one and molding it in lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
those gauge pods are 120 bucks what????? come on now i would say maybe 15 bucks each.....nvm i jus saw you said allluminum but yea i jus want those cups to add to my pillar pod cuase that would be the easiest for me instead of getting another one and molding it in lol
yeah the cups were $20 each (CAD)

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
nice man, goodluck with the wire tuck! i wanna see updates DAILY hahah. btw love the stance, makes me want to put my rear coils on, but im hoping it doesnt ride like shit haha

1 - 20 of 151 Posts