Honda Prelude Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Wow that type R must have sucked.... a GSR block is almost identicle except for the fact that the Type R has higher compression and lighter internals.....

A B16 head and a PR3-4 type R head have identicle head castings... it ends there.

Honda went ahead and did a mile "stage 1" performance upgrade on the Type R head, ported semi polished, lighter valvetrain... and the cams!!!!

So if a stock poor mans Type R beat a real Type R then either the driver of the true R sucked monkey vagina or the Type R was crap.

·
Registered
10,000,001 Posts
Get the mounts for the acura, get the mounts for the 3g prelude. Get a side grinder with a metal cutting wheel from lows. Take your time and get your proper measurements, try and lean the engine back as much as possible. Use both parts of the acura mounts and honda mounts as the steel will be the same thickness. If you have a small welding machine (110 volt) it will be hard to weld the thick steel, but there is a trick for this as I made some sick 4g63 mounts this way. Take a torch and heat the steel for about 10 min (350 degrees) and then weld the steel parts togather. Go ahead and grind down the welds and weld the again, this will make them much stronger than the steel around them. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i think the b18 is perfect for our cars if only we could get the mounts...
alot of people will beg to differ. for a couple reasons. some people dont like the fact that you putting a smaller motor into our car. others will say that the b20 is a stroked out version of a b18 anyway so why not just build ours to work. and then others will start screaming h22 and not hear of any other option. me personally? its whatever makes the owner happy

·
Premium Member
17,199 Posts
alot of people will beg to differ. for a couple reasons. some people dont like the fact that you putting a smaller motor into our car. others will say that the b20 is a stroked out version of a b18 anyway so why not just build ours to work. and then others will start screaming h22 and not hear of any other option. me personally? its whatever makes the owner happy

Hahahaha!!!! No one wants to put down the intial investment money to get the mounts made.

We did it for the H22 but I have offered the entire community three times in the past two years to get a group buy together to get the B18 mounts made because once the B18 mounts are made, then you can use them for the B16 or B20b engine and trannys.

But I can understand why most prefer the H22, from personal experience this motor is just sick!!! Everytime I ride in swapped lude it never gets old.

The whole point being, is that if we dont have enough people to support our wants and desires, then it wont happen.

I am really surprised at a lot of the member on here who speak about they want more support and when they get it, then the come back with its too expensive and we should get these other parts made instead.

If there was a real demand for the B series mounts to be made, then I would have had it done by now but the truth is no one really wants to support the talk of getting the B series mounts made, so it really all just talk and no action.

When we have a real demand to get them made, I will be right here listening. ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's strange that the door swings both ways on this topic, there's like a forbidden wall that Prelude and Integra owners don't cross, lol.

If anyone ever ventures onto Integra boards, you'll notice that the H22 swap is not a very popular swap. Some people do them, but the B18C is still the holy grail.....well, the K20 is rising up to take that throne, but until the price drops it's still B series FTW.

Personally, I love both motors, the B18C's ability to just keep on revving into the stratosphere and the H22's "big block" grunt. You can't go wrong with DOHC VTEC either way:D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Get the mounts for the acura, get the mounts for the 3g prelude. Get a side grinder with a metal cutting wheel from lows. Take your time and get your proper measurements, try and lean the engine back as much as possible. Use both parts of the acura mounts and honda mounts as the steel will be the same thickness. If you have a small welding machine (110 volt) it will be hard to weld the thick steel, but there is a trick for this as I made some sick 4g63 mounts this way. Take a torch and heat the steel for about 10 min (350 degrees) and then weld the steel parts togather. Go ahead and grind down the welds and weld the again, this will make them much stronger than the steel around them. Good luck!............

well if i knew how to do that i would be doing a 4g63 swap like you hahaha:angry:

·
OT ****
1,055 Posts
Get the mounts for the acura, get the mounts for the 3g prelude. Get a side grinder with a metal cutting wheel from lows. Take your time and get your proper measurements, try and lean the engine back as much as possible. Use both parts of the acura mounts and honda mounts as the steel will be the same thickness. If you have a small welding machine (110 volt) it will be hard to weld the thick steel, but there is a trick for this as I made some sick 4g63 mounts this way. Take a torch and heat the steel for about 10 min (350 degrees) and then weld the steel parts togather. Go ahead and grind down the welds and weld the again, this will make them much stronger than the steel around them. Good luck!............

well if i knew how to do that i would be doing a 4g63 swap like you hahaha:angry:
we do frequent bend tests at my vocational and you need to reheat the metal the second time after you grind it before you weld it or it could cause the entire weld to fail under stress. just my .02

·
Registered
26 Posts
i am a noob to the honda world but why would you go to the efort of doing all those mods when you can simply add all those parts to your stock motor and get very simalr #s i am anxious to see the finsihed power and track #s

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hahahaha!!!! No one wants to put down the intial investment money to get the mounts made.

We did it for the H22 but I have offered the entire community three times in the past two years to get a group buy together to get the B18 mounts made because once the B18 mounts are made, then you can use them for the B16 or B20b engine and trannys.

But I can understand why most prefer the H22, from personal experience this motor is just sick!!! Everytime I ride in swapped lude it never gets old.

The whole point being, is that if we dont have enough people to support our wants and desires, then it wont happen.

I am really surprised at a lot of the member on here who speak about they want more support and when they get it, then the come back with its too expensive and we should get these other parts made instead.

If there was a real demand for the B series mounts to be made, then I would have had it done by now but the truth is no one really wants to support the talk of getting the B series mounts made, so it really all just talk and no action.

When we have a real demand to get them made, I will be right here listening. ;-)
We need these mounts made! I'm currently planning a b18 swap

·
Memento Mori
7,553 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,199 Posts
And just to confirm, it does not matter if the chassis is 2WS or 4WS, The B20b/z motor swap will work with the rod shifted transmissions of the Civics or integras, but the shifter needs to be modified to fit.

My B16/18/20vtec swap kits allow the swap to be fairly plug and play.
And I offer the service too modify the shift to be bolt up.

Site: www.1funryd.com

B-Series swaps and now AWD swaps now available via 1FunRyd Performance.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

81 - 97 of 97 Posts