Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well so far here's a pic of the donor engine. Crappy nonetheless but Im going to take some more pics this weekend of the engine bay all stripped and of the mounts we made. I also put the stock manifold back on and sold the header because it sure as hell doesnt clear in the Prelude and neither does the CAI.. oh well

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
sweet. any chance of those mounts becoming available to the public?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once Im sure theyre a good fit I dont see why not. Keep in mind these are quite crude lol

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
clearance problems with ANY motor in any car only arise from either the engine bay needing a good pounding-out, or from you needing to make your mounts sit the engine at a more favorable angle

IE He can put his Teggy motor in no problem at either our leaned-back angle, or just the normal "slightly forward" angle because his B18 is physically a good deal shorter than our B20/21's are

To the poster - grats on the project bro! I look forward excitedly at your progress and of course the upcoming sexy pics :twisted:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is just really frustrating even sitting the engine in the car like it is now. Ive got the intake and everything apart so I can finagle around it and measure and adjust things. As far as I can tell right now the transmission and axles line up with where the old B20 running gear was.

Theres just SO SO SO SO much that isnt a perfect fit. Sigh :eek:mg:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
PS- a header a friend loaned me works just barely hehe so Im back in business even though it is dented from an accident. My oilpan is also screwed up from a bad lowering job but oh well.

Also, I went ahead and replaced CV joints and the steering rack because it was all corroded.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah its close enough. Only thing Im worried about is how everything is going to react to the new position. The engine isnt tilted as far back as the B20 was and hell you know what... I'll drive the bitch without the hood for all I care. But if i went that far back nothing would have lined up. Amazingly enough most of the tranny stuff bolts up but I had to get some new hose and make some custom fit lines cuz the GSRs lines are longer and I had to splice a few vacuum lines together. But otherwise its looking ok. Suspension is a tight fit as well. Im just blown away at how well its going. Why people dont do the B18 instead is beyond me. Im sure the H22 is a huge headache.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Also stole a few things like swing arms from a 90 Accord and redrilled them to fit the car as well too give some more travel.

And heres a pic of one of the mounts. Notice alot has been rearranged yet not cleaned haha.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just took a few more. This time on the tranny side. The whole front is off the car right now right down to the flip up headlights so I can get my hands in where I need to and do the wiring. Wiring=NIGHTMARE

Ironically most of my help has come from people who have swapped the B18 into a CRX.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts