Honda Prelude Forum banner
241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Given these Chinese regulators are junk and given I have spent too much time working on this car, I'm just going to drive it as it. It seems the L circuit in the regulator has a malfunction while the rest of it is fine.

Given its so hit and miss, I'm just going to drive it the way it is, but I'm pulling a chargeback on the guy that sold it to me. He can fuck off. 'quality imported parts from China' yeah.. bull shit!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Stop tampering with peoples posts. You've been a super moderator for two weeks and you are already becoming annoying. Have you updated the FAQ yet?!?!?! I don't see the 1989 and 1990 supplement manuals to help people.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
I noticed my cluster was dim tonight so when I got home I chucked the multimeter on the battery with the engine running. No charge. Then I pushed in on the alternator plug and it started charging.

The problem is not the regulator, it's the fucking piece of shit aftermarket alternator plug that I bought. The dumb asses made the clip too short, so the alternator plug becomes loose. This is why the battery charge light would no longer come on even when the alternator was charging, and tonight the IG circuit came lose. Pathetic. Seriously, pathetic.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Thanks, but I have already pushed so hard that the regulator starts to bend. Anymore and I will probably destroy it.

The problem is either dimensions with the aftermarket plug or the aftermarket regulator.

In this photo of the OEM regulator, you can see it protruding more out of the case than the aftermarket unit, though the case on the aftermarket alternator may be different, so I can't tell.

Green Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Chinese aftermarket parts are nightmare! They can't do anything right! Now I'm looking at pulling the pins out of the fucking plug and soldering them onto the regulator because these cunts cant use a fucking ruler! BSOLUTELTY FUCKING PATHETIC!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
LOL fuckin hell Vtecmec mate. You solved it! THANK YOU so SO much.

The o-ring must be made of a cheap rubber mix or the dimensions are off in the range of micrometres, but enough to cause problems.

The part is actually Taiwanese which surprises me given they tend to make great stuff.

·
Super Moderator
17,408 Posts
Stop tampering with peoples posts. You've been a super moderator for two weeks and you are already becoming annoying. Have you updated the FAQ yet?!?!?! I don't see the 1989 and 1990 supplement manuals to help people.
I edited the FAQ with one of the dead manuals already to a working manual download.
I am not sure about uploading the manuals for direct download from this site or if it needs to be hosted so thats why I have not created a link yet.

And I am a moderator and I am trying to keep the forum clean from bad tilted posts that are misleading like your yours.
I edit what needs to be edited instead of deleting what is questionably good info for those seeking answers.

So, nope I will not stop editing posts or deleting them, and I do make sure to send a message to people even if they do not check their old posts for years.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
The manuals for the 1988 and 1989 supplements on that site don't work. You download them as a .zip file and then when you try to open them, the files are corrupt.

You are only pissing people off going around changing peoples posts. People will simply leave the site.

Ok, well if you won't stop editing posts then I'm done with this forum and will be over on Prelude Zone.

·
Super Moderator
17,408 Posts
The manuals for the 1988 and 1989 supplements on that site don't work. You download them as a .zip file and then when you try to open them, the files are corrupt.

You are only pissing people off going around changing peoples posts. People will simply leave the site.

Ok, well if you won't stop editing posts then I'm done with this forum and will be over on Prelude Zone.
No messages about angry members except for you stating that right now, so not sure where you are getting that info.

At least in America, its a free country you are free to leave if you like.
But as a moderator, I will message you and let you make the changes for better search queries.
Trying to make this site better resource so old and new members can find information that is necessary.

As for the manuals for the 88 89, what are you talking about?
I checked the manual myself and it is working, so not sure what you are talking about.
Also I did try to upload to the site, but the files are too big for the forum, so when I get the time, I will try to host it on my site and then just link it.
But honestly, you want things for free when all of this really should be paid for.
Good luck on your journey.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts