Honda Prelude Forum banner

battery dying

450 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mhackley 
#1 ·
ive had the car for a while and three days ago my battery light started to fliker two days ago it just stayed lit up unless i gave it more gas but would later kill the battery faster and now i cant drive the car long distances or my battery will die i dont know if its my alternator or the battery itsel cuz the car runs fine for a while then suddenly the lights dim and i go through all 5 gears doing only 20mph and i cant go past 2000 rpm any help will be appreciated

#5 ·
Sounds like the alternator to me as well. If the alternator tests good, though, check the cooling fan control unit. If you notice your cooling fans coming on a weird times (like when the engine's cold, or several hours after you've stopped driving for the day, that might be the culprit. I had that problem, and it took a while to figure it out. Check out the testing procedure in your troubleshooting guide, it's actually pretty easy to troubleshoot once you figure out that might be the problem.

Good luck, and post your results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.