Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Prelude in running order the other day but it still has a minor issue with a perisitic battery drain is what has been described to me.

With the ignition off and key out the fuse box under the hood pulls a fraction of a volt of power that over night kills the battery. It seems that when the seat belt fuse is pulled as well as other not necessarily important accessories are unplugged the voltage pulled from under the hood fuse box drops to almost nothing.

So my question is does any body know what would cause this or has a similar problem.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i have the same prob. i haven't done tests yet . i've been just taking the batt cable off

·
Registered
341 Posts
ive always had the same problem but just blamed it on the stereo. i went through two stinger batteries from drainage

·
Registered
154 Posts
ive always had the same problem but just blamed it on the stereo. i went through two stinger batteries from drainage
I really hope I dont have the same problem. I just replaced my battery and it runs great now (1 day so far). But before I would jump it and it died backing up.

Love my new Lude

·
Registered
699 Posts
i had the same problem, i found out that i had the cd deck power wires backwards for my amp, was keepin my amp on all the time and my deck power, that could be a place to look, unless ur runnin original deck

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
my car did it befor the swap. i was hopping i would fix it with an new alt but it didn't.it still does it . i put the batt in the trunk i realy would love rid of this prob.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
looks like no ideas, come on someone give us something to try

·
Registered
243 Posts
i had the same problem, i found out that i had the cd deck power wires backwards for my amp, was keepin my amp on all the time and my deck power, that could be a place to look, unless ur runnin original deck

:dito: Mine does the same thing. I'll turn the car off and take the key out and the radio and cigarette lighter will stay on. the cigarette lighter i dont care about, i take my gps out anyway. (also known as my spedometer lol) the radio i know for a fact is because the dip-shit before me bypassed the ignition wire and just connected both wires to the battery. i just havent had time to take the deck out and wire it properly yet. i just pull my faceplate off and it doesnt stay on that way. i would definetly try that or at the very least check it.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

it did it befor i put my system in my car

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My trunk light wasnt going off. But that was only one of my problems.

·
Registered
9,584 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
No, the trunk light stayed on when i first got the car. Way before the welding incedent.

·
Registered
243 Posts
my question is

how did you know the trunk light wasn't going off?

Were you in the trunk?

rear seats folded down :dontknow:

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
A family member of mine had a problem where the battery would drain when the car was off for a while. After about a year of changing out one of the cig lighter fuses several times, and the problem returning, I figured out what the problem was.

One of the cig lighter sockets was dirty and corroded. I replaced it with a new one for cheap and the problem went away. Believe it or not, a dirty or corroded cig lighter socket will cause the circuit to complete and the battery will drain out. Maybe you should try replacing the cig lighter socket with a new one if the problem persists.

I just realized that the OP hasn't posted back.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Acctually i put my phone in the trunk with the video recording and closed the trunk lid. Thats how i did it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts